|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage|
|Wiki tags:||Area of effect, Deathrattle-related|
The Scarlet Crusade is doing market research to find out if the "Mauve Crusade" would be better received.
How to get
|Golden Scarlet Purifier||800||100|
This card's effect will hit your own Deathrattle minions too. This is generally a drawback to playing this card, but it can be very useful in combination with cards like Nerubian Egg and Runic Egg, to activate their Deathrattles. While this card's Battlecry only affects Deathrattle minions, by destroying a minion such as Explosive Sheep, Unstable Ghoul or Boom Bot, it can be used to deal damage to other minions as well. Care must be considered when using the Purifier against enemy minions, for it could prove a hindrance rather than a benefit.
Scarlet Purifier has an interesting combination with Desperate Stand. You can use the Deathrattle from the spell to atract the damage from Purifier's Battlecry. This can be used to finish the minion and then using Reinforce or Rush minions to destroy the revived version.
You can intentionally destroy Silver Vanguard for an 8 cost Recruit (Charged Devilsaur, The Lich King, Ragnaros the Firelord, Tirion Fordring). Or intentionally destroy Chromatic Egg for a surprise dragon.
- Stratholme will be purged!
- "The light condemns all who harbor evil. Now you will die!"
- "Good. Channel the flames, feel them course through you."
- "Learn this spell well for it will burn the taint from all those who oppose us."
- The Scarlet Crusade is a religious organization dedicated to the eradication of the undead. They are a major adversary of the Forsaken, and several quests in Tirisfal Glades involve attacks on Scarlet Crusade troops, leaders, and strongholds. The Scarlet Crusade maintains several bastions throughout the former lands of Lordaeron, namely the Scarlet Monastery, and up until the Shattering, Hearthglen, Tyr's Hand, the fortified cathedral of Stratholme, and several smaller camps and watchtowers spread throughout the area.
- As they wander the blasted wastes, the undead creatures who call the Plaguelands home have learned to scan the horizon continually for the crimson garb of the Scarlet Crusade. Scarlet Crusaders come from many vocations — warrior, priest, wizard, scout — but all have one obsession: the complete and utter destruction of the plagueborn creatures who have conquered and occupied their ancestral homelands. Whether a red robe, a red tabard or red lacquered armor, a Scarlet Crusader wears the bright color as a brazen declaration that the red blood of the living still flows in her veins and a beacon calling her undead foes to battles. Though often seen traveling in squads, even a lone Crusader will charge into battle with a zealous rage to destroy both the undead and any she fears may be "plagued".
- This card specifically depicts James Vishas.
- Interrogator James Vishas was a level 31 elite human found in the Graveyard wing of the Scarlet Monastery.
- James Vishas was the Scarlet Crusade's lead interrogator at the Scarlet Monastery. He enjoyed torturing any captured undead and took great pride in his work. Vishas was known for his unrelenting sadism, cruel expertise, and high pitched voice.
- Interrogator Vishas tortured Vorrel Sengutz for weeks. Vishas took Sengutz's wedding ring and gave it to his own wife, Nancy Vishas. Nancy lived with Grandpa Vishas, who is presumably James' father, although it is not mentioned, at a cottage on the eastern coast of Lordamere Lake in the Alterac Mountains.
Patch 18.104.22.16834 (2014-12-04): Added.