|Set:||Descent of Dragons|
|Wiki tags:||Damage-related, Taunt-generating, Triggered effect|
Few quests are completed by cowering under a table.
How to get
- Sanctuary requires the hero to take no damage on only their opponent's turn. They can take damage on their own.
- Indomitable Champion is summoned at the start of the controlling player's turn, and cannot attack the turn it comes into play.
- If Sanctuary activates without board space, the Sidequest will complete but Indomitable Champion will not be summoned.
Generally, Sanctuary should be played into an empty board for the highest chance of completing the quest. Sanctuary is most effective in the early part of the game when your opponent doesn't have any minions on board that can immediately attack. Other times you can increase the likeliness of completion are following a board clear or while you have a sufficiently large Taunt already in play.
It can also be combined with Time Out! to guarantee its completion on the following turn, albeit sinking two cards and five mana into the 3/6 Taunt reward.
Your opponent will likely have not many low-cost options to remove the minion summoned by Sanctuary, allowing you plenty of time to prepare for the late game.
Sanctuary can also be used as a way to give your hero soft taunt, forcing your opponent to waste damage preventing your quest completion. This can be used to force your opponent to choose between killing valuable minions like Brazen Zealot and Sky Claw or stopping you from summoning a 0 mana 3/6
- This is the only Quest card that costs 2 mana instead of 1, unlike all other Quests and Sidequests.
- Patch 126.96.36.199060 (2019-12-05): Added.