Rush is an ability allowing a minion to attack other minions the same turn it is summoned or brought under a new player's control. Unlike Charge, Rush cannot be used to attack the enemy hero. Rush is represented by a shifting thick green border around the minion.
- Charge will not be overridden by Rush, and Rush has no effect if the minion isn't exhausted. If Rush is given to a minion with Charge or a minion ready to attack, it can still attack the enemy hero.
- If there are no enemy minions to attack, the Rush visual effect will disappear. However, if a new minion is summoned for them, it will return.
- Granting Rush to a minion that has already attacked will not allow them to attack again. This includes Rush given through Magnetic buffs, where the original minion could attack if it were normally summoned.
- Rush is a useful ability for board control, allowing you to tactically trade against enemy minions.
- Unlike Charge minions, Rush minions usually feature good stats, letting them stick on the board after attacking or dealing a large amount of damage to a minion.
Cards with Rush
This section lists minions which have Rush or have the ability to gain Rush when played.
Sources of Rush
This section lists cards which generate Rush minions.
This section lists cards which grant the Rush ability to other minions or to itself.
|I Wanna Play NOW! (1/5)||Play 50 minions with Rush or Charge.||10|
|I Wanna Play NOW! (2/5)||Play 150 minions with Rush or Charge.||10|
|I Wanna Play NOW! (3/5)||Play 500 minions with Rush or Charge.||10|
|I Wanna Play NOW! (4/5)||Play 1500 minions with Rush or Charge.||10|
|I Wanna Play NOW! (5/5)||Play 5000 minions with Rush or Charge.||20|
Rush was created by the team as a way to print minions with fast, spell-like effects, but without running the risk of them being used as powerful finishers. Cards like and the original version of had proven how problematic powerful Charge minions can be, since their downsides will be nullified if they're used to win the game.
- Rush could be considered to have 3 "beta" versions, which all function similar to this effect, but differ slightly. is an over-statted Charge minion that can't attack heroes, but its inability to attack heroes is a permanent effect. 's effect is identical to Rush when played from the hand, but can freely attack heroes when summoned indirectly by another card. The Charge spell is the most similar, with the only differences being synergy with Charge-related cards like and a very rare case in which it is used on .
- Rush is the third non-launch keyword to continue to appear on cards outside of the set it was introduced in, the first two being Discover and Lifesteal.
- Patch 188.8.131.5266 (2018-04-10): Added.