Rewards Track was added in the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire patch, along with new items associated to Rewards Track, XP Boost and Tavern Pass. To allow the player to earn XP, The Quest system is also revamped at the same patch, which makes the new Daily quests award XP instead of gold, and adds the Weekly quests.
Rewards Track can be viewed by clicking on Journal icon () at the menu screen, and then the XP (or scroll) icon () at the Journal's navigation bar.
Reward XP (or XP) () is an essential resources for leveling up in Rewards Track. Each level requires a pre-determined amount of XP to be reached.
Ways to earn
There are a total of 3 ways to earn XP:
- Playing games
- Completing quests
- For more information, see Quest.
- Completing achievements
- For a current list of achievements that reward XP, see Achievement#Summary.
XP Boost is an item that increases the amount of XP from any reward sources, even the achievements.
XP Boost can be only obtained by purchasing Tavern Pass. XP Boost can also be increased by leveling up Rewards Track.
XP Boost starts at the increment percentage of 10%. After reaching certain levels, the percentage is increased by 5%, making the maximum percentage of XP Boost being 20%.
- Levels - Rewards Track consists of hundreds of levels. Each level requires a certain amount of XP, but also has an one-time reward for the player, as long as they reach that level. Rewards Track has two main structures: Free Track and Paid Track. Both tracks use the same level progress of the player.
- Functionality - The system will remark the reward with a blue glow to inform the player that it can be claimed. Then, the player needs to click or tap on it to confirm and claim it. If there is no blue glow, the player is still able to click or tap on it, but to view details of the reward. The player does not have to do this once they reach the bonus levels.
- The system allows the player to view 5 levels at once and will mark the current level's range as default view. To navigate the adjacent sides of Rewards Track, the player needs to click on the arrow icons at the bottom of scene. Using wheels or swiping on mobile device does not work.
- Resets Next Expansion - Rewards Track refreshes the player's current progress after an expansion is released. However, all the rewards will also be replaced with new ones, allowing the player to reach the levels again to get the new resources. All players will automatically be granted any unclaimed rewards in the old track if they have not done so.
Free Track is located below the dashed line. It is available for free to all players.
Free Track is the only part which rewards the core in-game currencies of Hearthstone: gold, packs, cards and Tavern Tickets. Some levels of Free Track can also reward the player comestic items (a card back or a Hero skin of choice of 10).
Paid Track and Tavern Pass
Paid Track is located above the dashed line. It is not available to players and can only be unlocked by purchasing the Tavern Pass, which costs real money.
Since both Free and Paid Tracks use the same level progress, if the player is in the middle of a certain level, after purchasing Tavern Pass, the player will be able to claim all previous levels' Paid Track rewards immediately.
Below is the table that gives the detailed data of Forged in the Barrens's Rewards Track.
|Forged in the Barrens's Rewards Track|
|Level||XP to level||Cumulative XP||Free Track||Paid Track|
|Main levels (1-50)|
|1||0||0||Regular Mankrik[note 1]|
|3||100||200||1 Forged in the Barrens pack|
|4||150||350||2 golden Venomous Scorpid[note 1]|
|5||150||500||1 Forged in the Barrens pack||Young Rokara|
|6||225||725||2 golden Peon[note 1]|
|8||300||1250||2 golden Hog Rancher[note 1]|
|9||300||1550||1 Forged in the Barrens pack|
|10||325||1875||1 epic card[note 2]||Initiate Kurtrus|
|13||350||2900||1 golden Mor'shan Watch Post[note 1]|
|15||375||3650||Zuldazar card back||Survivor Xyrella|
|18||425||4875||1 Year of the Phoenix pack|
|20||450||5750||1 legendary card[note 2]||15% XP Boost|
|23||600||7350||1 golden Burning Blade Acolyte|
|25||675||8675||1 Year of the Phoenix pack||Golden Shadow Hunter Vol'jin[note 1]|
|28||875||11100||1 golden Horde Operative[note 1]|
|30||1100||13200||1 Tavern Ticket||Barrens card back|
|33||1250||16850||1 golden Mor'shan Watch Post[note 1]|
|35||1300||19400||1 Year of the Phoenix pack|
|38||1350||23400||1 golden Burning Blade Acolyte|
|40||1400||26200||1 Year of the Phoenix pack||Recruit Rokara|
|43||1500||30600||1 golden Horde Operative|
|45||1550||33650||1 Tavern Ticket|
|48||1600||38400||1 Year of the Phoenix pack|
|49||1650||40050||1 Tavern Ticket|
|50||1650||41700||1 legendary card[note 2]||Firefang Rexxar|
|Main levels (51-100)|
|55||1800||50400||1 Year of the Phoenix pack|
|60||1900||59700||1 Year of the Phoenix pack||Adept Kurtrus|
|65||2050||69650||1 golden Primordial Protector[note 1]|
|70||2250||80450||1 Year of the Phoenix pack||20% XP Boost|
|75||2500||92700||1 golden Primordial Protector|
|80||2500||105200||100 gold||Shardseeker Xyrella|
|90||2500||130200||150 gold||Kazakus Coin|
|100||2500||155200||Choose a Hero Skin[note 3]|
|Bonus levels (101-400)|
|131 + n||1500||198700 + 1500 * n||50 gold|
The player ultimately gets these Free Track rewards after reaching level 100:
- 5,650 gold
- 11 card packs
- 3 Forged in the Barrens packs
- 8 Year of the Phoenix packs
- 3 Arena Tickets
- 18 cards
- 2 cosmetics
Completing all 300 bonus levels also rewards an additional 15,000 gold.
If the player has bought Tavern Pass and reached level 100, they also get these Paid Track rewards:
- 20% XP Boost
- 10 alternate heroes
- Kazakus Coin
- Diamond Blademaster Samuro
- Golden Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
At some point, certain levels' rewards may be replaced with a better one. If the player reaches any of these levels before they are changed, Blizzard Entertainment will compensate them retroactively.
For a detailed history of changes, see Patch changes section.
- If you try to change between Rewards Track and other Journal scenes very quickly, when you go back to Rewards Track scene, the raw texture will be displayed instead of properly mapped texture.
- This can be manually fixed by simply changing into other scenes then back, but more slowly.
- This section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by data or by in-game experience. It should not be taken as representing official statement until Blizzard confirms it.
- Current expansion
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Replaced the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Rewards Track.
- Patch 220.127.116.11904 (2021-04-13):
- Fixed a visual bug where Achievement XP and end of match XP gains could show incorrect numbers but reward the correct amount of XP.
- Fixed a visual bug where, in some cases, XP gains benefitting from XP bonuses were not highlighting with a green font color.
- Fixed a visual bug where the Tavern Pass bonus XP displayed on the Achievement detail view would be incorrect.
- Patch 18.104.22.168662 (2021-03-25): XP Boost has a new icon.
- Patch 22.214.171.124257 (2021-02-19):
- Increased the font size on mobile devices for the XP bar.
- Fixed a bug where completed Weekly Quests would not show awarded XP on the Rewards Track without relaunching Hearthstone.
- Patch 126.96.36.199614 (2020-11-12): Added.