Return of the Hero is a series of five Legendary Quests featured as part of the returning player experience, designed to help players who have been away from Hearthstone return to the game. Each stage of the Return of the Hero quest line offers gold, with the total of the 5 quests offering 1250 gold.
- Return of the Hero, Part 1 - Reward: 500 gold. Play 1 game in any mode.
- Return of the Hero, Part 2 - Reward: 250 gold. Deal 20 damage.
- Return of the Hero, Part 3 - Reward: 200 gold. Play 1 game in any mode.
- Return of the Hero, Part 4 - Reward: 150 gold. Take 5 turns.
- Return of the Hero, Part 5 - Reward: 150 gold. Play 1 game in traditional Hearthstone.
Before 30 March 2021
- "There are three challengers who have been waiting for you!" - The Innkeeper
Return of the Hero is a series of special matches featured as part of the returning player experience, designed to help players who have been away from Hearthstone return to the game.
Set within an interface similar to that used for Class Challenges, the challenge comprises a series of three special matches between the player and the AI-controlled Innkeeper. Each match has fixed heroes and decks for both the player and the AI, and completing all three encounter awards three Classic card packs.
The Return of the Hero challenge cannot be skipped and must be completed by players before they can return to the regular game. Once the player has defeated all three opponents, they are returned to the main menu, from where they are able to continue playing the game normally.
During the current expansion (Ashes of Outland), the Return of the Hero Quest now has the player playing as a mage variant of Illidan Stormrage. The three AI-controlled bosses are other characters from the Ashes of Outland expansion.
|Illidan Stormrage (Mage)||Malfurion Stormrage (Druid)|
|Tyrande Whisperwind (Priest)|
|Hakkar the Houndmaster (Hunter)|
All challenges originally saw the player using the Mage class. The standard Mage hero Jaina Proudmoore is known to be used for the experience, but this may depend on the player's currently selected "favorite" hero for the class, as set in the Collection.
|Jaina Proudmoore (Mage)||Alleria Windrunner (Hunter)|
|Morgl the Oracle (Shaman)|
|Magni Bronzebeard (Warrior)|
- All the original enemy heroes were alternate heroes.
- Patch 188.8.131.5281 (2016-10-20): Added.