It’s all a great learning experience until someone accidentally aggros the boss.
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
|Run||Completing an Arena or Heroic Duels run||Regular||1|
|Ranked||Opening the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of season||Regular||1~7|
- It will not fire additional times to adjacent targets if is in play.
- It does trigger Inspire effects.
- It will trigger 's draw effect if any minions are destroyed.
- Reckless Apprentice's effect appears to be coded as "apply your Hero Power's effect once for each enemy (targets it if the Hero Power can choose targets)". In particular, with:
- Non-targeting hero powers such as , , and will trigger their normal effects once for each enemy in play.
- Passive hero powers have no effect.
- Hero Powers with a choice such as , , and will have their effect chosen at random each use.
- and will deal damage to the enemy hero for each enemy as expected, unless or is in play, in which case it will target each enemy.
- (and by extension the Sulfuras version) will fire at a random target for each enemy, but cannot target mortally wounded characters.
- Dinomancy will give each enemy minion +2/+2, whether or not they're Beasts.
- Demonic Blast will expend its charges and then switch to the previous Hero Power, applying its effect for each remaining enemy.
- The Four Horsemen will summon up to four Horsemen, at which point the destruction effect triggers and resolves before more Horsemen can be summoned.
- Prior to Patch 126.96.36.199593, Reckless Apprentice would cause , Dinomancy, and (from Duels), to target the enemy hero. Respectively, this would transform your hero into a 2/2 copy of the opponent with no Hero Power, give the opponent a permanent +2/+2, and set the opponent's Attack and Health to 3.
Played on its own, Reckless Apprentice can be read as "Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to all enemies" attached to decent stats for the cost, effectively a better for free. Where this card truly shines, however, is in tandem with Hero Power boosting effects, such as , , and (in Wild) , providing an efficient board clear and face damage.
- Patch 188.8.131.52593 (2021-06-03): Fixed a bug where Reckless Apprentice’s effect would cause some minion-only Hero Powers to hit the enemy hero.
- Patch 184.108.40.206904 (2021-04-13):
- Fixed a bug where the Battlecry for Reckless Apprentice would not apply the Freeze effect from .
- Fixed a bug where the Battlecry for Reckless Apprentice would still trigger if the Hero Power was disabled.
- (Undocumented) Reckless Apprentice's Battlecry will count as using Hero Power for one-time effect cards such as .
- Patch 220.127.116.11662 (2021-03-25): Added.
- Video example of using Apprentice with Inspire cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F6LzTDB8NI
- HysteriA (2021-04-01). Hearthstone Mythbusters 106 | Reckless Apprentice Experiments - Forged in The Barrens. YouTube.
- XxBobTheZealotxX (2021-04-21). I fired my hero power at all enemies. Reddit.