|Set:||Forged in the Barrens|
|Tags:||Battlefield-related, Hero Power-related|
Battlecry: Fire your Hero Power at all enemies.
It’s all a great learning experience until someone accidentally aggros the boss.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Reckless Apprentice can be obtained through Forged in the Barrens card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Reckless Apprentice can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season.
|Golden Reckless Apprentice||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It will not fire additional times to adjacent targets if Spirit of the Dragonhawk is in play.
- It does not trigger Inspire effects.
- It will trigger Pyromaniac's draw effect if any minions are destroyed.
- Reckless Apprentice's effect appears to be coded as "apply your Hero Power's effect once for each enemy (targets it if the Hero Power can choose targets)". It doesn't check if the enemy is an eligible target (for example, it can target non-Beasts with Dinomancy). In particular, with:
- Hero Powers that give the hero Attack and/or Armor (e.g. Shapeshift), it will do that once for each enemy.
- Summoning Hero Powers, like Reinforce and INFERNO!, it will summon a minion for each enemy.
- Hero Powers that involve a choice, it will pick a random option. For example, with Totemic Slam, it will fill your board with random basic Totems.
- Steady Shot, it will deal 2 damage to the enemy hero for each enemy, unless Steamwheedle Sniper or Dwarven Sharpshooter is in play, in which case it will target like with Fireblast.
- Dinomancy, it will give each enemy +2/+2, which includes giving the enemy hero a permanent +2 Attack.
- Demonic Blast, generated by Metamorphosis, it will expend its two charges on two targets and then switch to the previous Hero Power, applying its effect for each remaining enemy.
- The Four Horsemen, it will keep summoning different Horsemen, and as long as the opponent has at least three minions, all four will be summoned, and will destroy the enemy hero instantly.
- Emperor Wraps, it will turn your hero into a copy of the enemy hero with Attack and Health set to 2, and remove your Hero Power.
- Bewitch, it will not activate, but the Hero Power will still trigger normally and give you a spell for playing a minion.
- DIE, INSECT!, it will fire at a random enemy for each enemy, so it is possible for the same one to be hit more than once unless the first shot mortally wounds it.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Played on its own, Reckless Apprentice can be read as "Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to all enemies" attached to decent stats for the cost, effectively a better Arcane Explosion for free. Where this card truly shines, however, is in tandem with Hero Power boosting effects, such as Wildfire, Fallen Hero, and (in Wild) Arcane Amplifier, providing an efficient board clear and face damage.
In Wild, this also synergizes well with Genn Greymane because of its even-cost and the upgraded Hero Power given by Justicar Trueheart; however, as an even-cost card, it cannot be used with Baku the Mooneater.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11904 (2021-04-13):
- Fixed a bug where the Battlecry for Reckless Apprentice would not apply the Freeze effect from Ice Walker.
- Fixed a bug where the Battlecry for Reckless Apprentice would still trigger if the Hero Power was disabled.
- (Undocumented) Reckless Apprentice's Battlecry will count as using Hero Power for one-time effect cards such as Daring Fire-Eater.
- Patch 18.104.22.168662 (2021-03-25): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- HysteriA (2021-04-01). Hearthstone Mythbusters 106 | Reckless Apprentice Experiments - Forged in The Barrens. YouTube.