|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
"Could you do me a favor and get the keys from Kazakus?"
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- This card checks your unused deck: if it contains no more than 1 of each card, the Raza the Chained card in your hand will be highlighted by a yellow border and when played its Battlecry will activate.
- This card's Battlecry creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to your player (not the hero power): this means that it will not be cancelled if your hero or Hero Power is replaced (such as through , , , or ' Deathrattle). This enchantment sets the mana cost of your Hero Powers to 0, and never wears off (thus, unlike most cost-modification enchantments attached to players that used to wear off at the end of their turn, this effect lasts for the rest of the game).
- This card's effect follows the general rule that multiple cost modifications take effect in order of play: for additional details, see Mana cost.
Raza's card effect can be a major game-changer, benefiting strategies focused on Hero Powers. Having a free Hero Power helps Priests heal up their minion or themselves without sacrificing any tempo, especially on earlier stages of the game where it can make a difference in staying alive against aggressive decks.
While a 0-mana is more of a small bonus, it's much more effective with alternate Hero Powers. Upgrading it with gives you an ample source of healing every turn (just 1 Health less healed than ), and damage-dealing Hero Powers like , from or even allows them to apply pressure or control the board more efficiently. It's also very powerful with Inspire cards, where you effectively gain their full effectiveness for 2 mana less, and opens more combo potential with by giving you more mana to work with.
But what is undoubtedly the most powerful Hero Power to combo with Raza is 's . With Voidform refreshing every time you play a card, you can multiple cheap cards for large amounts of damage in a single turn. Combined with the Priest's myriad of way to generate cards like , , , and , the Priest can grind away the opponent's health while having sheer card advantage.
If a Priest, having played Raza, is fortunate enough to have a in play, such as by discovering it from , they can immediately win the game by entering Shadowform or playing Shadowreaper, which will allow them to repeatedly deal two damage to the enemy hero until their health is reduced to zero. Alternatively, they will be able to fully restore the health of their hero and minions during every turn, for as long as the Coldarra Drake remains in play.
Raza the Chained is an ethereal that is unique to Hearthstone. Rather than using cloth wrappings to keep his shapeless energy form bound in a humanoid shape, Raza is made out of the enchanted chains normally used by the Kabal to stabilize their volatile potions.
- Patch 22.214.171.124246 (2020-03-17): Now reads: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (0) this game.
- Previously: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (1) this game.
- Patch 10.2.0.23180 (2018-02-06): Now reads: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (1) this game.
- Previously: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (0) this game.
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2016-11-29): Added.