Questline is a spell ability introduced in United in Stormwind expansion. Similar to Quest, it grants a conditional reward, but it requires three conditions (steps, or tiers) instead of one. Right after the player completes a condition, the Questline immediately puts the next step into play. This process repeats until it reaches the final step, which rewards an uncollectible elite card.
Like Quest, Questlines are automatically included in the player's mulligan as the left-most card(s) and can be replaced. When played, Questlines are displayed above the controlling hero's portrait, take a Secret slot, can be seen its progress by both players, and only the controlling player can progress the Questline. Only one Questline can be in play.
Similar to Quest:
- Questlines cannot be offered in Arena.
- Questlines cannot be randomly generated.
- Unlike Secrets, Questlines can be progressed during both players' turns.
- Viewing a Questline in the Collection manager will display its final reward beside it.
- If the condition for a Questline which gives a card as its reward is met when the owner's hand is full, the Quest completes but the reward is lost.
- Only one Questline can be in play per hero at a time. Any Questline currently in play must be completed before a second Questline can be played.
There are also some notes unique to Questline:
- Over-achieved progressions are not carried to the next questline's steps.
- If you try to use a Quest card while a Questline card is active, you will get a "You already have a quest active!" error, and vice versa.
- If you have both a Quest and Questline in your deck, the Quest card will always be your left most card in the mulligan, while the Questline will always be the second card.
- Questlines activate Quest-related cards like Questing Explorer.
The following cards are generated by first questlines.
The following cards are generated by second questlines.
The following cards are generated by final questlines.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Licensed Adventurer||Rare||Minion||General||Any||2||3||2||Battlecry: If you control a Quest, add a Coin to your hand.|
|Questing Explorer||Rare||Minion||General||Any||2||2||3||Battlecry: If you control a Quest, draw a card.|
|Sky Gen'ral Kragg||Legendary||Minion||Pirate||Any||4||2||3||Taunt|
Battlecry: If you've played a Quest this game, summon a 4/2 Parrot with Rush.
|Showing all 3 cards|
- The card art for each United in Stormwind Questline depicts a mercenary character associated with the class.
- Patch 126.96.36.199998 (2021-07-27): Added.
- Alec Dawson on Twitter. (2021-07-01).
|By minion type|
|By spell school|
|By ability||Evergreen keywords|
|By effect type|
|By card set||Standard|