- This article is about quests which reward XP. For the spell card, see Quest (ability). For the Quest system before November 2020, see Quest/2013-2020 system.
A quest in Hearthstone refers to a specific action or objective that the player can perform or achieve in order to receive a reward. The rewards are typically given in XP, and serve as one of the primary means of acquiring gold and Rewards Track rewards. Some non-repeatable quests offer other rewards, such as card packs, arcane dust or even legendary cards.
Quests come in three different forms:
- Daily quests are given out each day, with a maximum of 3 available at any time.
- Weekly quests are given out each week, with a maximum of 3 available at any time.
- Legendary quests are given out periodically.
Quests can be viewed in the Journal.
In addition to the array of quests on offer, players are also awarded XP for playing games. For more details, see Rewards Track#Reward XP.
- 1 Daily and weekly quests
- 2 Legendary quests
- 2.1 Introductory
- 2.2 Returning player experience
- 2.3 General
- 2.4 Missions
- 2.5 Promotional
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Patch changes
- 5 References
Daily and weekly quests
Daily and weekly quests are given to players once per day and three per week respectively, and represent the majority of quests available to players. To begin receiving quests, new players must complete Introducy quest
Quests can be viewed in the Journal, by clicking the quill icon () at the bottom left of the main menu and moving the exclamation mark tab. This shows the quest's name, objective, and reward. Quests are also presented to the player upon logging in.
Players can only have 3 daily quests and 3 weekly quests active at any time. Completing a quest will remove it from the list in the Quest log, making room for another. If a player has three quests and doesn't complete any of them (i.e. the Quest log is completely filled), they will not receive a new daily quest for the next day. While the two quest sections have an additional fourth slot, this is only used for legendary quests.
Most of quest progress can be made in games in these following modes:
- Play mode (both Casual and Ranked)
- Tavern Brawls (any type, even Single-player)
- Friendly Challenges
Gaining daily and weekly quests
A fresh daily quest is granted to each player every day if an empty quest slot is available. A new set of up to three weekly quests are also made available every Monday. Additionally, once per day, the player is allowed to choose and replace one quest with a new and different quest.
- Getting new quests
Quests are awarded at 00:00, determined by region. This is often referred to as the "quest reset" or "reset time". The Americas region is set to PST; the Europe region set to CET; and the Asia region set to Hongkong/Taiwan time. Player reports suggest that the reset time changes to match daylight saving time during the summer months. There will be a countdown timer for the next quest to appear, which occupies the most-right empty slot.
Once the reset time has passed, players with less than 3 quests become eligible to be awarded a new quest, regardless of when players are in game or not.
Progress cannot be made on such quests until they have been added to the quest log and revealed to the player. Therefore, players awaiting a new quest while in game menus are advised to log out and back in again after the reset time, in order to activate it before resuming play.
- Players can choose to re-roll up to 1 quest each day by clicking the in the corner of its plaque in the Quest Log, immediately receiving a different, random quest in its place.
- If no is present in the Quest Log, re-rolls are not possible again until the next day.
- The player can replace one Daily quest and one Weekly quest each day.
- Any quest may be selected for re-rolling.
- An empty slot cannot be "re-rolled" - a real quest is always lost, so there is no way to use this process to increase the number of new quests, only to change which quests are active.
- All progress on a quest is erased when it is re-rolled; the next time the same quest is randomly assigned to the player, it will start with no progress.
- While players may be assigned the same quest more than once over the course of their Hearthstone play, they will never be assigned a duplicate of a quest they are already on. This is true whether the quest is a re-roll replacement, or a new quest filling an empty slot.
- Players are unable to accumulate daily quests beyond the maximum of 3. If a player already has 3 quests when the reset time is reached, the potential new quest will simply be lost; even if the player completes 2 or 3 quests prior to the next quest reset, they will still only receive a single new quest at that point.
|Play 3 games.[quest note 1]||900||No|
|Take 20 turns.||900||No|
|Use your Hero Power 20 times.||900||No|
|Destroy 25 minions.||900||No|
|Play 25 minions.||900||No|
|Play 25 spells.||900||No|
|Draw 30 cards.||900||No|
|Play 30 cards or Mercenaries.||900||No|
|Deal 65 damage to enemy heroes.[quest note 2]||900||No|
|Play 1 card that costs 10.||1000||No|
|Play 2 Tavern Brawls.[quest note 3]||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Demon Hunter, Druid, or Priest.[quest note 1]||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Demon Hunter, Hunter, or Priest.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Demon Hunter, Mage, or Rogue.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Demon Hunter, Mage, or Shaman.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Demon Hunter, Mage, or Warlock.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Demon Hunter, Paladin, or Shaman.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Demon Hunter, Paladin, or Warrior.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Demon Hunter, Priest, or Rogue.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Demon Hunter, Priest, or Shaman.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Druid, Hunter, or Mage.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Druid, Hunter, or Paladin.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Druid, Hunter, or Priest.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Druid, Hunter, or Rogue.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Druid, Mage, or Paladin.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Druid, Mage, or Shaman.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Druid, Mage, or Warrior.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Druid, Rogue, or Shaman.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Druid, Warlock, or Warrior.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Hunter, Mage, or Paladin.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Hunter, Mage, or Warlock.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Hunter, Paladin, or Priest.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Hunter, Shaman, or Warrior.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Mage, Paladin, or Priest.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Mage, Priest, or Rogue.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Mage, Rogue, or Shaman.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Mage, Warlock, or Warrior.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Paladin, Priest, or Rogue.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Paladin, Priest, or Shaman.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Paladin, Priest, or Warrior.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Paladin, Warlock, or Warrior.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Priest, Rogue, or Warlock.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Priest, Shaman, or Warlock.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Rogue, Shaman, or Warlock.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Rogue, Shaman, or Warrior.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Rogue, Warlock, or Warrior.||1000||No|
|Play 3 games as Shaman, Warlock, or Warrior.||1000||No|
|Play 4 weapons.||1000||No|
|Play 6 cards that cost 7 or more.[quest note 4]||1000||No|
|Play 8 minions that cost 1.||1000||No|
|Have your Taunt minions or Mercenaries take damage 10 times.[quest note 5]||1000||No|
|Play 10 even-cost cards.[quest note 4]||1000||No|
|Play 10 Murlocs.||1000||No|
|Play 10 odd-cost cards.[quest note 4]||1000||No|
|Trigger your Deathrattle effects 10 times.[quest note 5]||1000||No|
|Play 12 Beasts.||1000||No|
|Play 12 Dragons.||1000||No|
|Play or Trade 15 Tradeable cards.[quest note 5]||1000||No|
|Play 25 cards that cost 3 or less.[quest note 4]||1000||No|
|Deal 100 Arcane Damage||1000||No|
|Deal 100 Fel Damage.||1000||No|
|Deal 100 Fire Damage||1000||No|
|Deal 100 Frost Damage.||1000||No|
|Deal 100 Holy Damage.||1000||No|
|Deal 100 Nature Damage.||1000||No|
|Deal 100 Shadow Damage.||1000||No|
|Challenge a friend. You both earn a reward![quest note 6]||1500||No|
|Watch a friend win a game or bounty in Spectator Mode.[quest note 7]||1500||No|
|Play 3 games with Nozdormu the Eternal in your starting deck.[quest note 8]||1500||Yes|
|Win 5 games or bounties.||1500||No|
|Play 50 Battlecry cards.[quest note 5]||1500||No|
|Finish in Top 4 in Battlegrounds.||1750||No|
|Complete 3 United in Stormwind Questlines.||1750||No|
|Win 5 games of Tavern Brawl, Arena, Battlegrounds, or Duels.||1750||No|
|Play 50 Battlecry cards.[quest note 5]||1750||No|
|Use your Hero Power 50 times.||1750||No|
|Deal 200 damage to enemy heroes.[quest note 2]||1750||No|
|Spend 500 mana.||1750||No|
|Deal 1500 damage to enemy minions in Battlegrounds.||1750||No|
|Win 5 games of Traditional Hearthstone's Ranked Mode.[quest note 9]||2500||Yes|
No longer available
- For quest list before November 2020, see Quest/2013-2020 system.
The following daily and weekly quests were removed since the overhaul.
|Play 10 Frenzy minions.[quest note 5]||1000||No|
|Finish an Arena run with 4 or more wins.||1750||No|
|Play a Legendary card from Forged in the Barrens, 3 times.||1750||No|
|Win a game with 4 different classes.||1750||No|
|Play an Old God Legendary from the Darkmoon Faire 10 times.||1750||No|
|Play 30 Corrupt cards.[quest note 4]||1750||No|
- Similar to the Friendly Feud event, conceding requires the conceding player to have 15 HP or below, or both players have passed 10 turns or more; otherwise, the rewards will not be granted.
- Does not count damage caused by fatigue or the opponent's sources.
- Friendly Challenges are not counted
- Only counts the base cost of the card, not how much mana you played it for.
- Quests that require you to play cards with specific abilities only count cards played from hand, and do not count abilities that are granted by effects or other cards. Cards summoned, put into play or equipped by other effects likewise also do not count. For example, You Shall Not Pass! counts only minions with Taunt that are played from the hand, and not minions with Taunt that is granted from Battlecries such as , or from other cards such as or .
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Can be completed by watching a player win in spectator mode, in any game mode, including Solo Adventures and Friendly Challenge.
- Part of Nozdormu Day. Guaranteed on the 15th day of each month.
- Guaranteed one every week.
Legendary quests are attainable only for some short periods of time. Most of them celebrated the release of new content or special events.
These quests appear with a flash aura and cannot be rerolled. However, they do not occupy the daily and weekly quests' slots. Starting from Patch 126.96.36.199601, these quests can be abandoned, also known as removed completely.
This article will only list quests that are currently available. For more information, see the side bar Quest at the top of this article.
These quests are part of the game's introductory experience, and unlike other unique quests are awarded to the player in advance. The quest series is designed to direct new players to explore the game, forming an extended tutorial.
- List of quests
|Learning the Ropes||Play 1 game in Practice mode.||2 Packs from Recent Expansions||Practice Makes Perfect|
|Practice Makes Perfect||Play 2 games in Practice mode.||3 Packs from Recent Expansions||First Blood|
|First Blood||Play 1 game in traditional Hearthstone.||2 Packs and 1 Epic from Recent Expansions||The Duelist|
|The Duelist||Play 2 games in traditional Hearthstone.||3 Packs and 1 Epic from Recent Expansions||Master of All|
|Master of All||Play 2 games.||3 Packs and 1 Legendary from Recent Expansions|
- List of hidden achievements
|-||Defeat a [ classic hero ] in Practice mode or Play mode.||Unlock that [ classic hero ]|
|-||Level [a class] to level 2-10.||Core [class] cards (see the "Leveling rewards" section on individual class pages)|
|-||Level sum of all classes to level 2-60.||Core Neutral cards (see Neutral#How to get)|
|Ready to Go!||Unlock every Hero.||100 gold |
Unlock Expert Practice mode
Unlock Arena mode
Unlock Adventure purchasing at the Shop
|Crushed Them All!||Defeat every Expert AI Hero.||100 gold|
|Crafting Time||Disenchant a card.||95 arcane dust|
|Enter The Arena||Enter The Arena.||1 Tavern Ticket|
|-||Get any class to level 20.||Unlock Tavern Brawl mode|
Returning player experience
The following quests are part of the returning player experience, awarded one at a time in the order shown below. The first is part of the Return of the Hero challenge. These quests are awarded only to returning players (i.e., players whose account has been inactive for a few months). The required amount of inactivity is not known, but known to be longer than 120 days, which is the same requirement for a free deck of choice.
|Return of the Hero, Part 1||Play 1 game.||Return of the Hero, Part 2|
|Return of the Hero, Part 2||Deal 20 damage.||Return of the Hero, Part 3|
|Return of the Hero, Part 3||Play 1 game.||Return of the Hero, Part 4|
|Return of the Hero, Part 4||Take 5 turns.||Return of the Hero, Part 5|
|Return of the Hero, Part 5||Play 1 game in traditional Hearthstone.|
These quests are always available.
- Hidden achievements
|Mount Up!||Win 3 games in Arena or Play mode.
A special reward for your third win! Log in to World of Warcraft to claim it!
|"Hearthsteed" World of Warcraft mount|
|Chicken Dinner||Win 100 games in any mode.||300 gold|
|Easy Rider||A reward for your 100th win in Play Mode [or Tavern Brawl]. Log in to Heroes of the Storm to claim it!||Hearthstone card back mount in Heroes of the Storm|
|Big Winner||Win 1000 games in any mode.||300 gold|
|A Welcome from the Old Gods!||Open your first Whispers of the Old Gods card pack.
C'Thun would like to be the first to welcome you a tentacly embrace!
|Harbingers of DOOM!||Open your first Whispers of the Old Gods card pack.
A couple of servants to help you open Old Gods packs!
|Regular x 2|
|Welcome to Scholomance Academy!||[Go to the Open Packs menu while owning a Scholomance Academy pack.]
Start playing with Transfer Student now!
|Ticket Around the World||[Play one game in Arena, Battlegrounds, Dalaran Heist, Tombs of Terror, Galakrond's Awakening, Trial by Felfire and Book of Heroes: Rexxar.]
Enjoy your reward for traveling to seven different boards!
|Golden x 2|
|New Recruit!||Rewarded for being recruited by a friend!||1 Pack from Recent Expansion|
|Morgl the Oracle!||When your first recruit reaches level 20.
Your first recruit has earned you Morgl the Oracle!
|Morgl the Oracle alternate hero|
|Recruits!||When your second recruit reaches level 20.
Your second recruit has earned you a card pack!
|1 Pack from Recent Expansion|
|Recruits!||When your third recruit reaches level 20.
Your third recruit has earned you a card pack!
|1 Pack from Recent Expansion|
|Recruits!||When your fourth recruit reaches level 20.
Your fourth recruit has earned you a card pack!
|1 Pack from Recent Expansion|
|Recruits!||When your fifth recruit reaches level 20.
Your fifth recruit has earned you a card pack!
|1 Pack from Recent Expansion|
Missions are a type of free, optional, single-player game mode in which the player participates in matches played against computer-controlled opponents, primarily meant to develop an Expansion's lore and narrative. They are similar to Adventures, but reward card packs rather than specific, otherwise unobtainable cards.
Knights of the Frozen Throne - Icecrown
- Main article: Knights of the Frozen Throne#Missions
|Prologue||Defeat the wing's Boss (after 10th August 2017)||A random Knights of the Frozen Throne hero card |
Unlock "Lower Citadel"
|Lower Citadel||Defeat the wing's 3 Bosses||Knights of the Frozen Throne card pack |
Unlock "Upper Reaches"
|Upper Reaches||Defeat the wing's 3 Bosses (after 17th August 2017)||Knights of the Frozen Throne card pack |
Unlock "The Frozen Throne"
|The Frozen Throne||Defeat the final Boss (after 24th August 2017)||Knights of the Frozen Throne card pack|
|The Frozen Throne||Defeat the final Boss with all 9 classes||Prince Arthas Paladin Alternate Hero|
Rise of Shadows - The Dalaran Heist
- Main article: The Dalaran Heist
The game mode includes five chapters containing eight bosses each: the first chapter is free to play, while additional chapters cost 700 gold or $6.99 USD each; players can unlock the entire adventure for $19.99 USD.
|Chapter 1: Dalaran Bank||Reaching the fifth boss of the chapter (after 16th May 2019)||3 Rise of Shadows card packs|
|Chapter 2: The Violet Hold||Reaching the fifth boss of the chapter (after 16th May 2019)||3 Rise of Shadows card packs|
|Chapter 3: Streets of Dalaran||Reaching the fifth boss of the chapter (after 23th May 2019)||3 Rise of Shadows card packs|
|Chapter 4: The Underbelly||Reaching the fifth boss of the chapter (after 30th May 2019)||3 Rise of Shadows card packs|
|Chapter 5: Kirin Tor Citadel||Reaching the fifth boss of the chapter (after 6th June 2019)||3 Rise of Shadows card packs|
|The Dalaran Heist||Purchase all five wings||Golden|
|The Dalaran Heist||Complete all five wings||Golden Classic card pack|
Saviors of Uldum - Tombs of Terror
- Main article: Tombs of Terror
The game mode includes four chapters containing eight bosses each, and a final battle against the last boss: the first chapter is free to play, while additional chapters cost 700 gold or $6.99 USD each; players can unlock the entire adventure for $14.99 USD.
|Chapter 1: The Lost City||Reaching the fifth boss of the chapter (after 17th September 2019)||3 Saviors of Uldum card packs|
|Chapter 2: Scorching Dunes||Reaching the fifth boss of the chapter (after 17th September 2019)||3 Saviors of Uldum card packs|
|Chapter 3: Khartut's Tomb||Reaching the fifth boss of the chapter (after 24th September 2019)||3 Saviors of Uldum card packs|
|Chapter 4: Halls of Origination||Reaching the fifth boss of the chapter (after 1st October 2019)||3 Saviors of Uldum card packs|
|Finale: The Inner Sanctum||Complete all five wings||Golden Classic card pack|
Two missions include a total of 20 free to play chapters (one for each class) containing eight bosses each. Complete each chapter to earn a class pack corresponding to the hero's class.
Promotional quests are temporary quests added to celebrate the release of new content or special events, or quests that can only be completed through specific factors such as playing on a specific type of device, purchasing a copy of another Blizzard game, participating in a Fireside Gathering or completing objectives in other Blizzard games.
|iPack||Awarded for playing a game on iPad.||1 Pack from Recent Expansion|
|Android Tablet||Awarded for playing a game on an Android tablet.||1 Pack from Recent Expansion|
|iPhone||Awarded for playing a game on an iPhone.||1 Pack from Recent Expansion|
|Android Phone||Awarded for playing a game on an Android Phone.||1 Pack from Recent Expansion|
|Samsung Galaxy S6 series phone||Awarded for logging into Hearthstone on a Samsung Galaxy S6 series phone.||"Galaxy Gifts" card back |
3 Packs from Recent Expansion
|Machine Dreams||Acquired by logging in on a PC.||"Machine Dreams" card back|
|Legion Schemes||Acquired by logging in on a Android device.||"Legion Schemes" card back|
|Pristine Scenes||Acquired by logging in on a iOS device.||"Pristine Scenes" card back|
|IGR Login Reward (NNF)||NYI [Rewarded for logging in from Internet Game Rooms, public gaming centres found in countries such as Korea]||100 gold|
|Fireside Friends||Play 3 matches against other players on the same subnet, with at least 3 players total on that subnet (comprising a Fireside Gathering).
Hearthstone is better with friends! Enjoy the company, and your new card back!
|"Fireside" card back|
|Fireside Brawler||Participate in a Fireside Gathering at an established Fireside Gathering Tavern (beginning 17th October 2017).
No tavern is safe! Nemsy Necrofizzle has joined your roster of heroes.
|Nemsy Necrofizzle alternate hero|
|Lady Liadrin||A special reward for leveling a new character to 20 in World of Warcraft!||alternate hero|
|Hero of the Storm||Reach level 12 in Heroes of the Storm.
Awarded for excellence in the Nexus!
|"Heroes of the Storm" card back|
|Reaper of Packs||Purchase Diablo III Reaper of Souls and enter the redeemable code.
Your Diablo III Reaper of Souls comes with 1 pack.
|1 Pack from Recent Expansion*|
|Greater Reaper of Packs||Purchase the Diablo III Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition and enter the redeemable codes.
Your Diablo III Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition comes with 3 packs.
|3 Packs from Recent Expansion*|
* Initially, a maximum of 5 promotional card packs can be redeemed on a single Battle.net account. This limit was raised to 10 in early 2015. The limit applies across all regions, and is not per region. Before Patch 188.8.131.52662, these quests used to reward Classic packs.
- For the Patch changes before 19.0, see Quest/2013-2020 system.
- Patch 184.108.40.206998 (2021-07-27): New quests "Complete 3 Questlines" and "Play or Trade 15 Tradeable cards" added. "Play a Legendary in Forged in the Barrens, 3 times" and "Play 10 Frenzy cards" removed.
- Patch 220.127.116.11601 (2021-07-01): New quests requiring added. New Fire Festival 2021 quests added.
- Patch 18.104.22.168904 (2021-04-13): Fixed a bug where players could re-roll into the Win 5 Games of Ranked Play Mode weekly quest after already completing it that week.
- Patch 22.214.171.124662 (2021-03-25):
- Weekly quest "Win 5 games of Ranked Play mode." can now be re-rolled. (Undocumented) It is also can be given after the player completes it and re-rolls another weekly quest.
- Quests that only require players to play games no longer counts games where the player conceded early (requires conceder to have 15 Health or less, or have played for at least 10 turns).
- 7 new daily quests requiring players to play spells with schools and a new Weekly quest requiring to play Forged in the Barrens legendaries added.
- Legendary quests are no longer made progress when the players play Solo Adventures.
- "Play 30 Corrupt cards" weekly quest removed.
- All quests that used to reward Classic packs now reward Packs from Recent Expansion instead.
- New quests for both New player experience and Returning player experience.
- Patch 126.96.36.199600 (2020-12-15):
- Patch 188.8.131.52614 (2020-11-12):
- Quest system overhauled. Quests now award XP for the Rewards Track instead of Gold or card packs.
- Weekly quests added. You gain three Weekly quests each Monday, and can reroll one once per day (independant of your Daily quest reroll).
- Tavern Brawl and Battlegrounds no longer count towards quest progress, unless the quest specifies that mode..
- Event quests no longer occupy a slot in your quest journal, and instead are put in a special fourth slot.
- Blizzard Entertainment (May 16, 2017). New Features Coming to Hearthstone!. Retrieved on 2018-06-20.
- Zeriyah on Twitter. (2015-02-05).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-10-21).
- Fluxflashor (2014-04-10). Hearthstone Patch 5170 - New Quests, Mobile Additions, PC Bang Gold Rewards.
- Diablo III - UNLOCK EXPERT CARD PACKS WITH REAPER OF SOULS (2014-03-20)
- Battle.net Support - Claiming Hearthstone Promotional Packs