|Set:||Kobolds & Catacombs|
Everybody! Hit the deck!
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Psychic Scream shuffles the opponent's deck regardless of whether they have minions on board.
This card is an extremely powerful board clear, and while it supposedly has a downside, it's more often than not actually an upside.
The possible negatives of using Psychic Scream is that the minions can reuse their Battlecry, your opponent can have access to your own minions, and it makes the opponent last longer before going into Fatigue. On the positive side, it doesn't trigger any Deathrattle effects and is very effective against token minions. Most token minions are less mana-efficient when played from hand and don't have any card effects. With multiple token minions shuffled in, it increases the likelihood of your opponent drawing bad cards, which can delay turns — especially with combo decks. It's also effective on any effects that dump a bunch of large minions on the board like N'Zoth and kill their tempo.
Note: Since it also shuffles YOUR minions into the enemy's deck, it is best played when you have no minions, or at the very least, a few low-value minions or synergy-dependent cards, on your side of the board. Otherwise, you may give your best minions to your enemy's deck, and they could potentially turn against you.
This card can find its place in any Priest deck that needs a board clear, except possibly decks that are focused on fatiguing out the opponent.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Scourgewar" series, for the card Terrifying Visage.
- At some point before the development of Kobolds and Catacombs, the team experimented with an earlier version of Psychic Scream which put the minions into your own deck. It was scrapped as it led to priests always wanting to play the fatigue game.
- During the development of Kobolds and Catacombs, Psychic Scream was named Run Away!.
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.
- HysteriA (2020-08-23). Hearthstone Mythbusters 102 - Scholomance Academy Special. YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-08-23.
- Fluxflashor (2018-01-18). Mike Donais and Peter Whalen on Nerfs, Design, Early Kobolds Cards, and Cards that Didn't Make It. Hearthpwn. Retrieved on 2018-07-19.
- IGN (2018-01-17). The Hearthstone Team on Designing Cubelock and Why They Like Big Priest. Retrieved on 2018-01-22.