Form ranks! Everyone into the King's Tuskarr Defense!
RARITY=3 CLASS=10 COLLECTIBLE=1 ELITE=0 COST=3 CARDTYPE=5 ENCHANTMENT_BIRTH_VISUAL=0 ENCHANTMENT_IDLE_VISUAL=0 TAUNT=1
How to get
|Adventure||Defeat in One Night in Karazhan 1st wing - The Parlor||Regular||2|
This card is useful for slowing the opponent, especially if they have large minions, and lack AoE removal. Its effect is magnified by the number of enemy minions, but the 1/1 Pawns are easily removed, meaning by itself this card will usually only buy a single turn. However, combined with this card can provide excellent value, allowing the warrior to turn the tide of battle against Zoo decks.
- The Pawn's summon quote "En passant" refers to En passant, a chess mechanic that under certain circumstances allows a pawn to capture an enemy pawn by moving past it.
- Artist Jim Nelson originally sketched the card's art as a more expansive scene, showing a number of pieces in battle (see below), but a decision was made to zoom in one area in order to make it clearer on the card itself.
- This is the third card to be added which has a scaling effect based on the number of enemy minions.
- Patch 220.127.116.1121 (2016-08-09): Added.
- Jim Nelson - Hearthstone: Protect the King!. (2016-08-09).