|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
Among his more notable inventions: A tentacle-groomer, a plague that would wipe out all life on Azeroth, and a fidget spinner.
- For the boss of the same name, see .
- For the Battlegrounds hero, see Professor Putricide (Battlegrounds).
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
The stats of Professor Putricide are good on its own, but its text is what makes it special; for every secret you play, you technically play two secrets, which will make your opponent have to play around the secrets.
- ▶️<death sound>
- "Good news, everyone! I think I've perfected a plague that will destroy all life on Azeroth!"
- Professor Putricide is the Scourge genius behind the development of all forms of blight, plague, ooze, scourge, and death delivery. He is the final boss in the Plagueworks section of Icecrown Citadel, the first Icecrown wing to be unlocked. In order to reach his laboratory, players must first defeat Festergut and Rotface.
- This card is the first legendary hunter minion that is not a Beast.
- Just like in his World of Warcraft incarnation, Putricide's voice, quotes, and overall demeanor are a reference to the character Professor Farnsworth from the American animated TV series Futurama.
- The artwork of this card is also used as the image for the second phase of the the Professor Putricide boss.
- Patch 22.214.171.12457 (2017-08-08): Added.