- "Nothing shall prevent me from having my revenge, old friend. Not even you. Now, I call out to the spirits of this place. I will give anything, or pay any price, if only you will help me save my people."
- For other appearances of Arthas Menethil, see Arthas Menethil (disambiguation).
- Arthas Menethil, Crown Prince of Lordaeron and Knight of the Silver Hand, was the son of King Terenas Menethil II and Lianne Menethil and heir to the throne. He was trained as a paladin by Uther the Lightbringer and was inducted into the Order of the Silver Hand. Arthas also had a romantic relationship with the kind sorceress Jaina Proudmoore. Committed to the protection of his people, Arthas was determined to stop the plague spreading throughout Lordaeron.
- Despite his promising beginnings, Arthas became one of the most powerful and evil beings Azeroth would ever know. Although he killed the necromancer Kel'Thuzad, Arthas was unable to stop the spread of the plague and resorted to increasingly desperate methods, such as purging the city of Stratholme. Taking up the cursed runeblade Frostmourne, Arthas was able to defeat the demon Mal'Ganis, but he lost his soul in the process. Becoming a death knight of the Scourge, he led the undead in destroying Lordaeron, Quel'Thalas, and Dalaran. Arthas later made his way to the Frozen Throne of Icecrown and merged with the Lich King.
- Ruling as the Lich King for years afterward, Arthas had the last remnants of his humanity destroyed and was ultimately defeated in combat by Highlord Tirion Fordring and his champions of the Light. Cradled by the spirit of his father, Arthas Menethil died, leaving the mantle of the Lich King to be taken by a noble soul who would contain the power of the Scourge.
How to get
- Comes with own portrait
- Has custom emotes
- Has custom tray
- Has special animation when using Hero Power
For more information, see Alternate heroes.
When viewed in the Collection, Arthas has the following flavor text:
- The boy who would be King... LICH King.
Obtained by defeating the Lich King with every class.
|Attack ||▶️Evil will be PURGED!|
|Emote: Greetings||▶️Hail, and well met.|
|Emote: Well Played||▶️Well played.|
|Emote: Oops||▶️A misstep.|
|Emote: Threaten||▶️You are past redemption!|
|Emote: Thanks||▶️You have my gratitude.|
|Unused: Sorry||▶️A royal apology, friend.|
|Concede||▶️The battle is over. You win.|
|Running out of time||▶️I must act now!|
|Thinking ||▶️Which path to choose…|
|Thinking ||▶️What would Uther do…|
|Almost out of cards||▶️I'm almost out of cards!|
|Out of cards||▶️I am out of cards!|
|Error: Need a weapon||▶️I need a weapon!|
|Error: Not enough mana||▶️I do not have enough mana.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||▶️That minion already attacked.|
|Error: Hero already attacked||▶️I already attacked.|
|Error: Minion not ready||▶️Give that minion a turn to ready.|
|Error: Hand already full||▶️My hand is full!|
|Error: Too many minions||▶️I have too many minions!|
|Error: Can't target Stealthed minion||▶️I can't target Stealthed minions.|
|Error: Can't play that card||▶️I can't play that.|
|Error: Not a valid target||▶️That's not valid target.|
|Error: Must attack Taunt minion||▶️A minion with Taunt is in the way.|
|Error: Generic||▶️I cannot do that.|
|Selection in Choose Your Hero||▶️Justice has come!|
|Emote: Greetings [Lunar New Year]||▶️Happy New Year!|
|Start [Mirror]||▶️For my father the King!|
|Emote: Greetings [Holidays]||▶️Happy Feast of Winter Veil!|
|Emote: Wow||▶️Holy Light!|
|Emote: Greetings [Happy New Year]||▶️Happy New Year!|
|Emote: Greetings [Fire Festival]||▶️Light the bonfires!|
|Unused: Greetings [Pirate Day]||▶️It's good to be Arrrrrrrrthas!|
|Emote: Greetings [Happy Halloween]||▶️Happy Hallow's End…|
|Unused: Greetings [Happy Noblegarden]||▶️Happy Noblegarden!|
|Emote: Greetings [Mirror]||▶️Well met|
|Start Illidan Stormrage||▶️It would seem we are evenly matched.|
|Start Jaina Proudmoore||▶️I'm sorry, Jaina.|
|Start Sylvanas Windrunner||▶️A dark fate lies ahead of us, Windrunner.|
|Start Uther Lightbringer||▶️I'll fight hard, just like you taught me!|
- Patch 188.8.131.52662 (2021-03-25): Added an interaction with Jaina Proudmoore, Illidan Stormrage, Uther Lightbringer, and Sylvanas Windrunner.
- Patch 184.108.40.20657 (2017-08-08): Added.
- Hearthside Chat with Dave Kosak: Knights of the Frozen Throne Missions. (2017-07-27). Retrieved on 2017-07-27.