Sure the extra protection is nice, but the shield really reduces visibility.
How to get
Regular and golden Power Word: Shield are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
|New player||Complete the Ranked's New player experience system||Regular||2|
|New player||Complete the Ranked's New player experience system||Golden||2|
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Power Word: Shield were automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the priest class.
- Two Golden copies of Power Word: Shield were a reward for raising a priest to levels 47 and 48.
One of the Priest's many Health-boosting effects, Power Word: Shield is one of the earliest available Health-buffing cards that Priests have access to. While 2 extra Health may not be much, it can mean a difference between a living and dead minion in the early game and as a 0-cost card it can be played without sacrificing tempo. However, this card's low overall impact makes it difficult to include in a deck. On the other hand, combined with it becomes an efficient way to draw cards from your deck, giving it utility in combo decks that need fast draw.
In World of Warcraft, Power Word: Shield (abbreviated PW:S) is a defensive Discipline Power Word available at level 5. It creates a protective shield around a friendly target which absorbs a set amount of damage. The spell additionally grants the Borrowed Time buff, increasing Haste gains from all sources for a few seconds. To prevent overuse, Power Word: Shield also gives the target the 15-second Weakened Soul debuff, which must elapse before another shield can be applied.
While Power Word: Shield is a valuable spell for any priest, Discipline priests have the opportunity to improve it far beyond its base effect, empowering it with their mastery and reducing its downtime. Power Word: Shield is undoubtedly one of the signature spells of the Discipline priest, protecting the target with a powerful shield that can seem unbreakable.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Worldbreaker" series, for the card Wazix Blonktop.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 188.8.131.52662 (2021-03-25): Now costs 1 mana (Up from 0). Now draws a card. Now has Holy spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 184.108.40.206222 (2020-03-26): Now costs 0 mana (Down from 1). No longer draws a card.
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Give a minion +2 Health. Draw a card. [1 mana, Common]
- Previously: Give a minion +3 Health. [1 mana, Common]