We cannot even describe how horrible the death is. It's CRAZY bad! Maybe worse than that. Just don't do it.
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- As of Patch 184.108.40.20674 (WotOG patch), the minion affected by Power Overwhelming will always die when the turn ends, even if (and no matter how many times) it is stolen before or during the End of Turn Phase.
Power Overwhelming is also a noted combo with the card . To execute the combination with Power Overwhelming you need to play Power Overwhelming on a minion you intend to have Void Terror consume. After casting Power Overwhelming, attack with the targeted minion (not required for the combo but generally advised). Then finally play Void Terror adjacent to the targeted creature, resulting in the Terror retaining the bonus damage and life that was granted by Power Overwhelming.
Similarly, Power Overwhelming can be combined with to clear the opponent's board while sacrificing only a small minion. As an example, a warlock player could cast Power Overwhelming on a , attack with it, and then cast Shadowflame on it to damage every enemy minion for the increased damage.
Power Overwhelming does not have any specific lore in the warcraft universe, although its character fits well with the warlock class. However, the name itself may well be a reference to Starcraft. In Starcraft, Protoss Archons says the phrase and it is also one of the game's cheatcodes, activating a godmode for the player's units, making them invulnerable to attack (but not kill instantly), which is ironic when considering Power Overwhelming kills the minion it is cast on.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Drums of War" series, for the card Tinker Burnfizzle.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Hall of Fame to Legacy set.
- Patch 220.127.116.11662 (2021-03-25): Now has Shadow spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 18.104.22.16836 (2017-04-04): Moved from Classic to Hall of Fame set.
- Commentary: Power Overwhelming allows for extremely mana-efficient minion trades or high spikes of damage for only one mana. Keeping this card exclusive to Wild will prevent some crazy combinations and spike damage. Warlock decks also tend to use lots of Classic cards, so the decks changes less when new expansions release. This change will help increase the variety of cards in Warlock decks over time.