|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Wiki tags:||Attack-related, Charge-granting, Targeted, Triggered effect|
You'd be insane NOT to drink it!
How to get
|Potion of Madness||40||5|
|Golden Potion of Madness||400||50|
As well as being collected in decks, this card can also be generated by the following card.
- Minions affected by this spell have Charge.
- Subsequent effects that turn, including triggered, ongoing, Deathrattle, and return to hand effects, treat the stolen minion as if it belonged to the caster.
- Silence will end the effect immediately, while transform will result in a minion permanently on the new controller's side.
- If the original owner’s board is full when the target is due to go back, the minion will die.
- Mind control spells cannot be cast by a player with a full board, instead giving an error message.
This card is equivalent to Shadow Madness in function, and while it costs much less Mana, its targets are more limited. On its own, it can be used against aggressive decks in the early game to kill 2 minions for just 1 Mana. It can also be used on utility minions like Acolyte of Pain to make use of their triggered effects, or Harvest Golem and Raptor Hatchling to steal the tokens they generate.
While this card becomes much less useful later in the game, it can be combined with Pint-Size Potion to increase the scope of targetable minions.
This card has great synergy with Djinni of Zephyrs: if you cast Potion of Madness while Djinni is in play, Potion of Madness will be cast on it, which results in it gaining charge.
Potion of Madness is sometimes nicknamed "Kaza-kola" by the Kabal. It is a cold, delicious and refreshing beverage personally brewed by Kazakus and which is frequently drunk by members of the Kabal, but it also erodes one's will and sense of self.
The name "Kaza-kola" is very similar to Kaja'Cola, an extremely popular goblin beverage brewed from the distilled form of the intellect-enhancing mineral of kaja'mite. This similarity was apparently intentional on the part of the Kabal and done in an attempt to capitalize on Kaja'Cola's fame.
The Gadgetzan Gazette Volume 32 #8 features an advertisement for Kaza-kola, which reads "The healthful crimson potion with kazazz! Feel energies like you wouldn't believe! Kaza-kola: All supernatural ingredients! Totally safe!*" The asterisk indicates a disclaimer written in extremely small print, and which reads: "Please keep out of reach of murlocs and pets. Never consume more than 2 oz of Kaza-kola in a 72 hour period. These statements have not been evaluated by the Gadgetzan Alchemy Authority." The page also features a clip-out coupon for a free bottle of Kaza-kola with the first purchase made near the waterfront.
- Patch 18.104.22.16890 (2016-11-29): Added.