|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Wiki tags:||Cost-related, Random|
The pinnacle of goblin engineering. Includes an espresso machine and foot massager.
- For the removed Battlegrounds version, see Piloted Sky Golem (Battlegrounds).
How to get
|Piloted Sky Golem||400||100|
|Golden Piloted Sky Golem||1600||400|
- Its Deathrattle will be able to summon any collectible 4-cost minion in the game, including those specific to classes other than the controlling hero. Uncollectible minions such as Emerald Drake will not be summoned.
- Minions summoned by this card's Deathrattle will enter play prior to the resolution of the Golem's death. This means that summoned minions with related triggered effects, such as Cult Master, will immediately activate in response. It will also be summoned before the resolution of any spell used to destroy it.
- As of Descent of Dragons, there are 281 4-cost collectible minions in the game, giving this card a 0.35% chance of summoning any given minion.
A substantial minion in its own right, the Golem's value is often determined by which minion is summoned by its Deathrattle. This introduces a fairly large measure of RNG into the card's value, and rewards players and decks which are able to improvise around the introduction of unexpected minions.
Significant possible summons include Cult Master, Flamewreathed Faceless, Lotus Illusionist, Pit Lord, Hungry Dragon, Ancient Shade and Piloted Shredder. If the owner of the Golem is a Druid, Fandral Staghelm is a very good summon. For a full list, see below.
- The shredder is an impressive goblin mechanical creature which is usually piloted by a goblin. Shredders are used for lumbering, but they can serve in war because of the solid metal construction of the machine and the great saws they wield. The first machine designed to mimic the humanoid form, goblin shredders use the steamsaws attached to their arms to cut down lumber at an incredible rate that is unmatched by peasant work crews.
- This card's Deathrattle Summon effect is intended to depict the shredder's pilot hitting the "big shiny red eject button" and parachuting onto the field to continue the fight.
- This card is a larger and more expensive version of Piloted Shredder, with a similar but more powerful Deathrattle.
Patch 18.104.22.16834 (2014-12-04): Added.