|Wiki tags:||Class-related, Random|
|Artist:||L. Lullabi & K. Turovec|
The class is always greener on the other side of the board.
How to get
Pilfer can be obtained through crafting only.
- Before March 30, 2021, Pilfer could be obtained through Classic card packs.
A weaker version of Hallucination that replaces itself with a random card. While undesirable for most decks, the effect can be strong included with other cards that synergize with non-Rogue cards like Underbelly Fence, Vendetta, Spectral Cutlass, and Tess Greymane. In particular, this card works very well with Underbelly Fence to activate its effect on turn 2.
- Pilfer, along with Icicle, Tome of Intellect, and Call of the Void were added to the Classic set in patch 184.108.40.206405 to make up for the fact that the rogue, mage, and warlock classes previously had fewer cards available to them in Standard format as a result of Ice Block, Ice Lance, Power Overwhelming, and Conceal being moved to the Wild format in the Hall of Fame set.
- When designing the four aforementioned cards, Blizzard were thinking about new players' first experiences playing Hearthstone. The new Classic cards were designed to be relatively straightforward while still creating some exciting moments, and give players a chance to see and play with cards that they don't own. At the same time, it's important that the new Classic cards aren't so powerful that they limit future design or cause problems since they're intended to permanently remain in Standard.
- Pilfer's card art appears to depict a Forsaken rogue relieving Reno Jackson of his distinctive hat.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 220.127.116.11761 (2019-07-01): Now reads: Add a random card from another class to your hand. (previously: Add a random card to your hand (from your opponent's class).).
- Patch 18.104.22.168405 (2018-11-05): Added.