|Set:||Descent of Dragons|
|Abilities:||Put into battlefield|
|Wiki tags:||Hero Power-related, Secret-related, Triggered effect|
It's not just a phase! I don't have to tell you anything! GAWSH!
How to get
|Golden Phase Stalker||800||100|
As a card with a River Crocolisk's body on top of an already-powerful effect, this card can be run in any Hunter deck that cares about Secrets, and works well alongside cards like Masked Contender and Hyena Alpha. In Wild, it can be used in Even Hunter decks alongside Dragonbane, another even-cost Hunter card from Descent of Dragons, to take advantage of the reduced cost on the Hero Power, making it possible to play it and activate its effect on the same turn for only 3 mana.
Phase Stalker is a warp stalker.
- Warp stalkers are predators corrupted by the Burning Legion and live in Terokkar Forest and Netherstorm of Outland. They can also be found at Mac'Aree on Argus, having evolved completely independently from one another.
- Originally called stalkers, these predatory animals used skin with natural camouflage ability to strike, as well as to sneak in and steal the eggs of their prey. They were native to many areas of Draenor, and following the planet's destruction they became corrupted by the Burning Legion into warp stalkers and gained the ability to teleport. They can be found in Terokkar Forest and Netherstorm of Outland, though there also seems to be a breed in Vashj'ir, though whether these are true warp stalkers or not is still unknown. There are reports that Legion officers use warp stalkers as mounts.
- Warp stalkers will sometimes prey on travelers. They are both smart and powerful, with the ability to phase in and out of the physical and astral dimensions. This ability disturbs magical energy, making them an annoyance to magic-users. After hatching, these twisted reptiles devour the weaker members of their clutches as an act of dominance.
- Like all other Inspire-type effects, Phase Stalker does not work with passive hero powers such as Bewitch.
- This is the second card besides Masked Contender to word this effect as "cast a Secret from your deck." Mad Scientist, Professor Putricide, Bellringer Sentry, Mysterious Challenger, Glacial Mysteries, and Arcane Keysmith before them are all worded to "Put [a Secret] into the battlefield."
- Patch 22.214.171.124060 (2019-12-05): Added.