"Whispers of the Old Gods"
|Ann. date:||July 12, 2016|
|Release date:||July 12, 2016|
Patch 184.108.40.20619 is a Hearthstone patch released July 12, 2016. It is a medium patch, adding the Recruit A Friend system, the hero Morgl the Oracle, the game mode ID system, various small system changes, and various bug fixes.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
In this update Recruit A Friend has come to Hearthstone! Recruit a pal and you’ll convince Morgl the Oracle, the wise Murloc Shaman, to join your roster of Heroes. We also added a new card back, made a few visual improvements, and fixed some bugs!
Read on for the details!
- Recruit A Friend is here!
- New icons make it easier for spectators to figure out which game mode you are playing.
- Golden Priest, Rogue, and Neutral cards are now easier to tell apart. [The ribbon at the tops and bottoms of golden cards are now black for Rogue, and white for Priest.]
- Golden Hero Powers are now displayed correctly in the Arena.
- Tinyfin Beach – Get this card back by achieving Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of July.
- Silithid Swarmer is now a Beast. [The original general type was unintended.]
- Khadgar’s portrait now has a drop shadow.
- The Collection Manager now more accurately displays new cards.
- The experience bar will no longer fill up after winning a game at max level. [This change was not successfully implemented until Patch 220.127.116.1121.]
- Wild card rarity now displays properly when viewing flavor text.
- Golden C'Thun’s buff animation is now gold, gold, GOLD!
- Players should no longer appear as UNKNOWN after reconnecting.
- [iOS] Hearthstone will no longer crash when the device is in a certain orientation when the game is launched.
- [Android] Taking Fatigue damage after running out of cards will no longer result in a crash on Samsung Galaxy S7 devices using Snapdragon CPUs.
- [Mobile] Fixed an issue that could prevent interaction with Heroes and Hero Powers on mobile devices.
- [Mobile] You should no longer crash when clicking on the Social button to bring up the friends list on phones.
- Fixed some audio, graphical, and UI issues.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
- Uncover Staff Piece has been reduced in cost from 3 to 2.
- Staff, First Piece has had its card text changed from "Add a random minion that costs (5) or less to your hand" to "Add a random rare card to your hand. It costs (2) less."
- Swordsman has had its card text changed from "Battlecry: Add Stormwind's Attack to this minion's Attack and Health." to "Battlecry: Gain Attack and Health equal to Stormwind's Attack".
- Staff, Two Pieces has had its card text changed from "Add a random minion to your hand. It costs (2) less." to "Add a random epic card to your hand. It costs (3) less."
- Innervate and Nourish have new golden art and casting animations.
- Voidwalker has new golden art.
- The following cards have been added for upcoming Tavern Brawls:
- Alms of Light, Cleave (Nefarian Rises! 4 damage spell), Cleave (Nefarian Rises! 7 damage spell) , Don't Push Me!, Dragonscale Warrior, Elemental Eruption, Explosive Rune (Nefarian Rises! spell), Explosive Rune (Nefarian Rises! minion), Explosive Runes (Nefarian Rises! spell), Flame Missiles (Nefarian Rises! 5 damage spell), Flame Missiles (Nefarian Rises! 10 damage spell), Freewheeling Skulker, Glorious Finale, Immolate (Nefarian Rises! 4 damage spell), Immolate (Nefarian Rises! 7 damage spell), Intrepid Dragonstalker, Main Tank, Raid Healer, Secrets of Shadow, Shadow or Light?, Twisted Light.
- The following new quests have been added:
- Play a Friend!, Morgl the Oracle!, New Recruit!, Recruits!, Recruits!, Recruits!, Recruits!.
- Sir Finley Mrrgglton now has an alternate summon quote for when played against Morgl the Oracle.
Unknown patch[edit | edit source]
The following changes are believed to have been made around the time of the release of this patch, and are collected here for reference.
- Reno Jackson's Battlecry no longer produces its usual visual effect when played if the Battlecry itself does not activate. [This is the believed patch for this change, documented 2016-08-02]
- Battle Standard's name has been changed from Standard. "Can't attack." has been removed from its card text. [Unknown patch between Patch 18.104.22.16851 and 2016-08-03]
References[edit | edit source]