"Whispers of the Old Gods"
|Ann. date:||April 24, 2016|
|Release date:||April 24, 2016|
Patch 22.214.171.12474 is a Hearthstone patch released April 24, 2016. It was the largest patch to date, featuring all data for the Whispers of the Old Gods expansion, all systems and interface changes for the arrival of game formats, several card changes, three new card backs, updated Deck Recipes, and various bugfixes.
- Do you hear them? Whispers of the Old Gods expansion will arrive on April 26! You can purchase Whispers of the Old Gods card packs from the in-game shop and play them beginning April 26.
- As of April 26, the Year of the Kraken will begin, bringing with it Standard and Wild formats. Check out the A New Way to Play blog at www.playhearthstone.com for more info.
- Friendly Challenge menu has been updated. Starting April 26, you can challenge friends to Standard, Wild, or Tavern Brawl games.
- Collection Manager’s Set Filter has been updated. [Players can now select from "Standard cards" or "All cards", in addition to the specific sets, which are now split into Standard and Wild.]
- Some Deck Recipes have been updated for Whispers of the Old Gods. See what we’ve cooked up!
- The following card backs have been added:
- Shadowmoon Valley – Obtained by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of May
- Zul’Drak - Obtained by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of June
- Halfhill - Obtained by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of July
- The guaranteed pack from Arena Runs will now always be from the most recently released expansion. Additionally, you are slightly more likely to receive a second card pack from a different Standard set.
- The “Sorry” emote has been replaced with a new “Wow” emote. Wow!
- The following cards have changed. For full details regarding these changes, please read the Keeping Hearthstone Fresh blog at www.playhearthstone.com:
- – Now draws 1 card instead of 2
- – Mana cost decreased from 6 to 5, and the Treants summoned by it no longer have Charge and no longer die at the end of the turn
- – Health reduced from 4 to 2
- – Mana cost increased from 2 to 3
- – Mana cost increased from 3 to 5
- – Mana cost increased from 0 to 1
- – Mana cost increased from 2 to 4 and only affects Minions
- – Attack reduced from 3 to 2
- – Attack reduced from 2 to 1
- – Health increased from 2 to 4, no longer has Charge
- – Mana cost increased from 20 to 25
- – Stealth granted by this card now only lasts until the start of the next turn
- Resolved various issues with AI behavior and gameplay such as:
- Quests to obtain and have been disabled, as those cards are only available in Wild mode. These cards can be crafted as normal. [This change was later temporarily reverted, and finally reinstated in a hotfix on May 4.]
- Added improved visual effects to certain Classic cards.
- The reconnect feature has been improved.
- Fixed various audio, graphical, and UI issues.
- The Whispers of the Old Gods battlefield has been added to the rotation.
- 's wording now reads "After an opposing Hero Power is used..." instead of "When an opposing Hero Power is used...".
- The rare gem on has been removed.
- Due to the changes to , now draws 1 card, down from 2.
- Players can now challenge their friends to Tavern Brawls from any game screen. Previously the player had to be on the Brawl screen when issuing the challenge.
- 's promotion has ended, and the hero is no longer available for purchase.
- now damages all minions simultaneously before any damage events are resolved (like normal area of effect damage). Previously, Dark Iron Skulker resolved each Damage Event, queuing and resolving triggers, before damaging the next minion. (Presumed patch.)
- Casting when your own board is full no longer shuffles the minion in your opponent's deck.
- New quests: "The Old Gods Have Arrived!", "5 Old Gods Packs!" and "5 More Old Gods Packs!" added.
- The innkeeper has learned new welcome quotes.
- A new "These cards have changed." interface has been added, displaying the new versions of the relevant cards with the changed elements highlighted.
- The class colours shown on the deck selection screens are now much darker. [This change was later reverted in an unknown patch.]
- Several new tips have been added, mostly involving game formats
- The "Galaxy Gifts" card back has been renamed "Samsung Galaxy".
- The Nozdormu in the Chromaggus boss' deck has been exchanged for a Ysera. [Believed to be changed with this patch.]
- The "Screenshot saved to desktop" text shown when taking screenshots is now removed by taking another screenshot, preventing it from showing up in images. [Patch uncertain, some time between November 22, 2015 and July 17, 2016, likely toward the later end.]
- All cards and data for Whispers of the Old Gods have been added.
- The following cards have been added, presumably for upcoming Tavern Brawls:
- , , , , , , , , , , , Level Up!
- The following debug cards have been added: