|Ann. date:||July 29, 2020|
|Release date:||July 30, 2020|
Patch 22.214.171.124613 is a Hearthstone patch released on July 30th, 2020. It is a large patch, adding the Scholomance Academy cards, with some changes to Battlegrounds and overhauling the card frames for the hunter class and weapons.
The official patch notes announcement can be found here.
Today’s 18.0 patch includes a smattering of Battlegrounds updates and game improvements. Its arrival means Hearthstone’s newest expansion, Scholomance Academy, is almost here! All Scholomance Academy cards have officially been revealed and while you can't use the new cards until they’ve unlocked on August 6, you can get a head start on building your launch day decks with our online deck builder!
- NEW HERO
- Mr. Bigglesworth
- Kel'Thuzad's Kitty [Passive] When a player dies, Discover a minion from their warband. It keeps any enchantments.
- NEW MINIONS
- Menagerie Mug
- [Tier 2] 2 Attack, 2 Health.
- Battlecry: Give 3 random friendly minions of different minion types +1/+1.
- Menagerie Jug
- [Tier 4] 3 Attack, 3 Health.
- Battlecry: Give 3 random friendly minions of different minion types +2/+2.
- Zoobot has been removed from the hero pool.
- Menagerie Magician has been removed from the minion pool.
Game Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Class specific weapon frames have been added to every weapon in Hearthstone.
- Scholomance Academy cards will be added to Arena when the expansion unlocks on August 6.
- Free decks for new and returning players have been updated (recipes can be found here).
- Returning players no longer need to complete the returning player experience to claim their free deck.
- Poisonous damage now has a special poison damage indicator and effect.
- Pressing the Hide button on mobile when making a card choice in game will now also hide the banner that describes the choice, no longer obscuring vision of the opponent’s armor total.
- Spells created by Evocation will now disappear at the same time at the end of the turn instead of one by one.
- Target indicators will now more accurately represent an opponent’s target selection when aiming a Battlecry or targeted spell.
- Removed a delay from the damage effect for Mad Bomber and Demolisher.
- Reduced the delay between casting Plot Twist and its shuffling animation.
- Fixed a bug where Galakrond, the Tempest was showing the upgrade animation over the deck upon the fourth Invoke.
- Fixed a bug where heroes would not slot back into their portraits correctly after attacking.
- Fixed visual display issues with Deathwing’s Battlegrounds hero power.
- Battlegrounds summon speed improvements for Pack Leader and Mama Bear have been re-introduced.
- Hunter now has a lighter green card frame to distinguish it from Demon Hunter.
- Scholomance Academy battlefield has been added.
- The Runespear and Southsea Strongarm have updated artwork. For the latter, its case was confirmed to be unintentional.
- The damage symbol has a new appearance for Poisonous cards.
Known bugs and errors
- If Transfer Student is played on the Scholomance Academy board before Scholomance Academy's official launch, it will do nothing due to the dual-class cards not being released yet. On July 31 until the release of Scholomance Academy on August 6, it was changed to add a random class card to your hand on the Scholomance Academy battlefield.
- Master Scheme's text only says "Deal".
- Keymaster Alabaster does not have any entry music. When all Scholomance Academy cards were implemented in the release of the patch, Alabaster's entry music was never added to the game.
- Lorekeeper Polkelt triggering his Battlecry on your opponent's side will display your deck being rearranged instead, though the opponent's deck is still rearranged.
- On the board, Ras Frostwhisper is slightly bigger in size compared to every other minion.
- Trolden (2020-08-19). Funny And Lucky Moments - Hearthstone - Ep. 521 (03:44 - 05:40). YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-08-19.
- Hearthstone Esports (2020-08-15). Fr0zen vs Eddie - Group A Decider - Hearthstone Grandmasters Americas 2020 Season 2 - Week 1 (20:40 - 21:10). YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-08-23. Fr0zen accidentally plays Vendetta on his own minion.