"Rise of Shadows"
|Ann. date:||June 3, 2019|
|Release date:||June 3, 2019|
Today's Hearthstone update adds a new neutral Legendary Minion, card buffs for every class, new Arena sets, and much more! Read on for details about the Rise of the Mech update.
- Make the most of the Rise of the Mech event by logging in anytime between June 3 and July 1 and you’ll earn a golden copy of the new neutral Legendary Mech SN1P-SN4P! Crash this clawed clunker into another Mech to build a behemoth of a bot, then do it again!
- Missed the event? Normal SN1P-SN4P can still be crafted for the usual cost of 1600 Arcane Dust.
- Important Note: SN1P-SN4P will be considered part of the The Boomsday Project and will rotate with that set, however SN1P-SN4P will NOT drop from The Boomsday Project card packs. Golden SN1P-SN4P will only be obtainable as part of the Rise of the Mech event, and the normal SN1P-SN4P can only be crafted with Arcane Dust.
- The terrible tinkerer has been busy in the lab and has cooked up some buffs to cards from every class! For more details on these changes, including developer insights, check out the Rise of the Mech announcement blog here.
Want to see these updated cards in action? Be sure to tune in to the Mech-vitational event being held June 3-4.
We’ve decided to make a change to how Reckless Experimenter functions due to an unwanted interaction with SN1P-SN4P that allows for an early-game infinite damage combo in Priest decks. We’re also aware of some interactions that SN1P-SN4P creates in Wild when played alongside multiple Mechwarpers, and we’ll be keeping a close eye on how that plays out over the next few weeks.
Players will be able to disenchant Reckless Experimenter for its full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.
Quality of Life Changes:
- Players who are disconnected from Hearthstone due to an unstable connection, switching applications, or by locking their mobile devices will no longer be directed back to the login/launch screen when attempting to reconnect.
- The game will now seamlessly reconnect in the background from any screen, instead of only during gameplay. This includes during deck editing, or while browsing the Collection Manager.
- Note: We are still improving this feature, and you may encounter some issues with the current version.
- A new popup has been added to alert players of their offline/reconnect status.
Accessing Hearthstone Offline:
- Players can now access their collection even when their device has lost connection to the Internet.
- The following features of the Collection Manager can now be accessed while offline:
- View owned and unowned cards in the collection
- Create Decks
- Edit Decks
- Delete Decks
- Rename Decks
- Set Favorite Heroes
- Set Favorite Cardbacks
- Opening a pack that was in the process of being opened
- Any changes made in the collection manager while offline will be saved on the player's device until the next time they regain network access. Note that some changes may be lost if a player creates multiple decks or edits the same deck simultaneously on multiple devices.
- We've implemented a new feature to reduce chances of matching against the same player multiple times in a row. Some exceptions may occur when players have few matchmaking options near their rank.
- Match quality has been improved for players in ranks 25 – 21, and they should now face more opponents of similar skill.
Arena Set Rotation
Blastmaster Boom needs more test subjects, and what better place to find them than the Arena? Starting with the Rise of the Mech update, the available cards in Arena drafts will be rotating to the following explosively exciting sets:
- Goblins vs. Gnomes
- The Grand Tournament
- One Night in Karazhan
- The Boomsday Project
- Rise of Shadows
- Stolen Thunder - Stolen Thunder – Earned by purchasing the Masters Bundle.
- Shado-Pan - Earned from completing 5 matches during the July 2019 season.
Game Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed several issues encountered when making changes to windowed mode, fullscreen mode, and when resizing the game.
- Fixed a visual issue causing to animate twice when drawing a Cast When Drawn card.
- Fixed an issue causing the animation times for and to play at a different speed from other similar effects.
- The animation for shuffling a high number of cards (5+) has been updated to shuffle in batches of 5 cards and at a higher speed.
- 's Deathrattle animation no longer appears larger than intended when it triggers an opponent's secret.
- Fixed an issue that could cause to disconnect your opponent when played.
- Playing and quickly together will no longer cause a visual issue.
- Fixed an issue causing the game to freeze if is drawn at the start of your turn while and are on your side of the board.
- Triggering a secret that was transformed from or no longer causes the client to lock up for both players.
- Fixed an issue that could cause streaming data to stop downloading if the game's language was changed during the download process.
- Fixed issue where the Collection Manager’s filters would not work for newly created accounts.
- Fixed an issue where heroes would briefly display the banned banner in the collection manager.
- Fixed an issue which would occasionally leave the screen blurry after finishing a game under certain circumstances.
- [Monster Hunt] Fixed an issue where Monster Hunt bosses would sometimes incorrectly be displayed as Gobbles during the upcoming boss fight screen.
- [Dalaran Heist] Bartender Bob should no longer show an empty speech bubble upon exiting a friendly encounter.
- [Android] Changed how texture packs on Android devices are handled. This may cause some users to have to redownload these assets.
- [Mobile] Fixed an issue that could cause players to get duplicate season roll popups when relogging on a mobile device.