"The Boomsday Project"
|Ann. date:||October 2, 2018|
|Release date:||October 2, 2018|
In this Hearthstone update we’re decorating the Tavern for a spooky Hallow’s End event that includes a special guest: the new Paladin Hero Sir Annoy-o! We’re also adding New Player Ranks, giving the Welcome Bundle a facelift, adding new Daily Quests, fixing some bugs, and more. Read on for details!
Hallow's End Returns!
- The Headless Horseman returns with a Hallow's End celebration that's trickier and treatier than ever!
- Witches Cauldron (Spooky...AND FREE!)
- Hallow's End begins October 17 and lasts through October 31.
- Get a free golden card just for logging in during the event!
- There'll be decorations and special Hallow's End emotes.
- Special Dual Class Arena
- The Headless Horseman returns to Tavern Brawl, and friendly foes from the Monster Hunt join us for a new Tavern Brawl!
- Hallow's End marks the arrival of a friendly new Paladin Hero who will be available for purchase as a part of a special deal!
New Player Ranks
- For newcomers to the Hearthstone Tavern, we added New Player Ranks to ease you into the fray.
- New Ranks from Rank 50 to 26 for new players only.
- New players can earn a total of 22 free packs just by ranking up in New Player Ranks, so it's a great time to introduce a friend to Hearthstone!
- Earn 3 free Classic card packs by reaching milestones at Rank 45, 40, 35, and 30. Upon graduating up to Rank 25, earn 2 Classic card packs, and 2 packs each of the most recent four Hearthstone expansions.
- There's no loss of stars for losing a match while in New Player Ranks.
- New Player Ranks earn end of season rewards (the same rewards as reaching Rank 25).
- Players can skip the New Player Ranks (but they'll miss out on milestone card pack rewards!)
- Players in the New Player Experience are unable to craft the Whizbang the Wonderful card until they reach Rank 25 or manually exit the New Player Experience.
- New players can unlock Wild Format and Casual mode by reaching Rank 25. As before, Tavern Brawls unlock after achieving Level 20 with any Class.
Welcome Bundle Refresh
- This roaring deal includes 10 Classic card packs, and one of six Legendary dragons from the Classic set (instead of a random Class legendary).
- Even if you purchased a Welcome Bundle in the past, you can still purchase this one!
New Daily Quests
- "Spells are Fun!" Cast 40 spells. Reward: 60 gold.
- "Draw!" Draw 20 cards. Reward: 50 gold.
- "Full Northshire" Draw 30 cards. Reward: 60 gold.
- "Are We There Yeti?" Take 20 turns. Reward: 50 gold.
- "Time Warp Again" Take 30 turns. Reward: 60 gold.
New Keyword: Casts When Drawn
- Innkeepers will now be able to select one additional Fireside Brawl from a curated library of brawls to offer their patrons during their Fireside Gathering events!
- Moonwell: Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, November 2018.
- Blizzard Events 2018: Acquired by participating in Blizzard events during 2018.
Game Improvements and Bug Fixes
- The animation when drawing multiple cards will now speed up after the first three cards are drawn.
- Resolved a disconnect that could occur when attempting to play cards while is drawing a player's deck.
- Fixed an issue where would sometimes draw fewer than the maximum number of cards possible.
- will no longer sometimes deal damage to the target minion's buffed Health total.
- 's effect will now be consumed by cards cast by minions in addition to cards played from hand.
- will no longer sometimes cause a player's Hero Power to remain inactive.
- Certain minions are no longer revealed in the history when they are affected by cards that target minions in hand.
- A skull will no longer appear over a player's Hero portrait when dealing damage with a weapon that makes the Hero Immune.
- Minion summoning Deathrattles triggered by non-death effects will now more consistently place those minions to their immediate right.
- A spell attempting to target will now correctly return to hand when she is affected by a previously cast .
- 's tooltip text now correctly details his ability.
- Using the Rogue Hero Power now correctly triggers 's Inspire ability.
- Fixed several issues where stats or keywords were incorrectly applied by Magnetic minions.
- 's mana cost will now correctly increase when its owner plays a spell and it is counterspelled.
- Hero experience is now displayed correctly after playing a game with a deck created by .
- Certain “While Damaged” abilities will now correctly activate from damage caused by .
- Unexpected Results now displays the correct information when affected by .
- now gains Echo from !
- The Darkness no longer advances when summoned.
- Choose One minions that transform will now properly receive Echo from Glinda Crowskin.
- Lifesteal provided by now correctly applies to damage dealt by Deathrattle effects.
- Puzzle Lab: Fixed an issue that could cause the Restart button to become stuck.
- Puzzle Lab: Fixed an issue that could cause a crash.
- Karazhan: The no longer uses the Heroic Mode version of its Hero Power in the Normal and Class Challenge versions.
- Naxxramas: ' Massive Runeblade weapon now correctly deals double damage to Heroes.
- Fixed several UI, animation, and effects visual issues.