"The Boomsday Project"
|Ann. date:||August 2, 2018|
|Release date:||August 2, 2018|
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
This Hearthstone Update charges the nether coils as we get ready to pull the big, shiny lever that unleashes Hearthstone’s newest Expansion: The Boomsday Project, on August 7! This is also your chance to participate in cutting-edge research: drop by a special Fireside Gathering for a Pre-release Event where you can open The Boomsday Project packs and play with your new cards before the official release! This update also brings Arena updates, game mechanics updates, and a few card changes, as well as some bug fixes and feature improvements.
Read on for details.
The Boomsday Project![edit | edit source]
The Boomsday Project is an electrifying expansion for Hearthstone featuring 135 all-new cards, starting August 7!
Harness the power of SCIENCE, including:
- New Legendary Spells for all nine Classes!
- New keyword: Magnetic! Combine Mechs into more powerful forms!
- Omega cards that are ULTRA powerful when played at 10 Mana!
- The Boomsday Project's free single player content, the Puzzle Lab, opens on August 21!
- Over 100 challenging puzzles including Lethal, Board Clear, Mirror, and Survival puzzle types!
- For a limited time after The Boomsday Project starts on August 7, log in to claim 3 card packs and a random Class Legendary minion (or Hero card)—both from the new expansion—for free!
- Get 3 more The Boomsday Project card packs FREE when you log in after The Puzzle Lab launches starting August 21.
The Boomsday Project Pre-Release Event![edit | edit source]
- Attend a Fireside Gathering Pre-Release to open your packs from “The Boomsday Project”—and play with your new cards in a special Fireside Brawl—BEFORE the official launch of the Expansion! Learn more here!
Arena Updates[edit | edit source]
- Offering rates for Class cards, including spells and weapons, have been reduced.
- Rarity distribution adjusted.
- This will result in Arena drafts having more neutral and common cards.
- Be sure to read the Arena Developer Insights blog for details!
Game Mechanics Updates[edit | edit source]
- See also: Game Mechanics Updates
- Card Copying
- Cards that create copies of other cards that are then added to different game zones have been made more consistent.
- Whenever a card transforms it loses its enchantments.
- This change primarily affects the following 4 cards: Shifter Zerus, Molten Blade, Shifting Scroll, and Voodoo Doll. If the target of a Voodoo Doll is transformed or silenced, it is no longer destroyed by the Voodoo Doll's Deathrattle.
Be sure to read the Developer Insights blog for details!
Card Changes[edit | edit source]
- Shadowboxer now reads: Whenever a minion is healed, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
- Shadowboxer can be disenchanted for its full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.
- The following Minions have changed Type:
- Living Mana now reads: Transform your Mana Crystals into 2/2 Treants. Recover the mana when they die.
Days of the Frozen Throne[edit | edit source]
- A chilly new celebration is coming!
- New quests with huge rewards!
- A free golden card!
- A new Tavern Brawl celebrating the Death Knights!
Card backs[edit | edit source]
Added the following card backs:
- Dr. Boom's Lab – Acquired from winning five games during the September 2018 Ranked Play Season.
- Boomsday! – Acquired from completing all of Dr. Boom’s puzzles.
- VanCardback – Acquired from winning five games during the October 2018 Ranked Play Season.
Bug Fixes and Gameplay Improvements[edit | edit source]
- Added new “Return to Fireside” tooltip for Fireside Gatherings.
- The Mac Client now uses Metal for graphics, where available.
- New Daily Quest has been added for playing Mechs.
- “Created By…” tags are no longer generated by the card’s last state before it died.
- Deathaxe Punisher’s animation no longer plays without a valid target in hand.
- Resolved effects and animation issues with Valeera the Hollow, Tess Greymane, and Shudderwock.
- Zombeast cards have rarity gems, and no longer appear to be collectible cards.
- Cards no longer display their yellow activation aura when their target can't be interacted with.
- Card backs now properly show their cardback outline effect when played by opposing players.
- Cards in hand no longer incorrectly overlap each other.
- Chameleos will now transform and clear buffs when the opponent has only one card.
- Chameleos will now copy stat buffs or cost reduction.
- When Shifter Zerus transforms into a Worgen card, the next card it transforms into will no longer keep those stats.
- Faceless Manipulator will now correctly advanced The Caverns Below quest.
- Gnomish Experimenter no longer sometimes plays his transform animation twice.
- Summoning Portal now properly updates cards that have had their mana cost set after it has been played.
Monster Hunt[edit | edit source]
- Headcrack no longer loses the Health icon assigned by Blood Red Apple.
- Minions buffed by Sneak Attack it will now properly gain Charge if copied.