"Kobolds & Catacombs"
|Ann. date:||February 6, 2018|
|Release date:||February 6, 2018|
Patch 10.2.0.23180 is a Hearthstone patch released February 6th, 2018. It is a medium patch, containing various balance changes.
The tavern is buzzing with all the stuff that’s packed into this Hearthstone update! There’s a Ranked Play update, a Wild party, card changes, and a chance to save on packs with a new Mammoth Card Bundle! We managed to squeeze in some card backs and bug fixes too!
Whew! Read on for details!
Ranked Play Update
- This Hearthstone update brings changes to Ranked Play, starting March 1st. Read the Ranked Play Updates blog for details!
- Your reset will not be based on the stars you earned over the season. Instead, you’ll reset to four ranks below the highest rank you achieved during the season.
- Players at Legend reset to rank 4, 0 stars.
- All ranks will have 5 stars.
- Starting in March, you will no longer earn the monthly card back by reaching Rank 20. Instead, you can earn each season’s card back by winning 5 games in Ranked Standard or Wild at any rank.
- - Now has 2 attack, down from 5.
- - No longer has Charge.
- - Now reduces your Hero Power cost to 1 instead of 0.
- - Now costs 8 mana, up from 7.
- From February 19th through March 11th join us for a Wild party! Read the Wildfest blog for details!
- Wild cards return to the Arena for the duration of Wildfest.
- Venture into the Wild – A Tavern Brawl celebrating Wild with pre-built decks.
- The Wild Brawliseum – A special Tavern Brawl where you’ll build and lock-in a Wild deck, and then see if you can take it to twelve wins versus other players! Three losses and your run comes to an end.
- Your first Brawliseum run is free!
- Additional runs are available for the same price as Arena tickets. Also like the Arena, prizes are based on number of wins, and follow the Arena reward structure.
Year of the Mammoth Bundle
- For a limited time, purchase 10 packs each of Journey to Un’goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne, and Kobolds & Catacombs—a total of 30 packs!—for a special price.
- Added the following card backs:
- Sparkles - Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, February 2018.
- Year of the Mammoth – Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, March 2018.
Bug Fixes and Updates
- The turn timer for the first two turns of a match are now shorter, though they should still be significantly longer than most players take on those turns.
- Switching from to will now correctly allow ’s Battlecry to destroy minions buffed to 2 health by Stormwind Champion or similar effects.
- ’s Hero frame is now golden if you have unlocked the golden Warlock Hero.
- Removed rarity gems from several summoned minions.
- Playing multiple copies of in a row will now queue up sequences of two turns for your opponent and two turns for you.
- Fixed a bug where the Divine Shield provided by could not be silenced.
- Spectators now see green highlights on playable cards for both players.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Hearthstone to freeze when a spectated player disconnects and their opponent concedes.
- Tooltips for Hero Cards now appear correctly when spectating.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when drawing a spell after is no longer dormant.
- can now correctly cast the spell if it is present in a player’s deck.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when certain cost reducing cards were played.
- Resolved an unintended interaction that could occur with , Taunt minions, and .
- Added missing Collection Manager tooltips to several cards.
- Resolved an issue that could cause a player to become stuck when reconnecting before the first turn.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the progress notification for more than one Daily Quest from being shown after a match is complete.
- now correctly destroys without activating his effect if he is Frozen.
- Resolved interface issues that could arise when retiring an Arena game.
- Resolved an issue that would allow the Friends menu to remain active while a Friendly Challenge is active.
- Fixed various minor visual and text issues.
Dungeon Run & Adventures
- The cards that appear in several loot categories have been adjusted slightly.
- Cards stolen by Gloves of Mugging now appear in history tile when played by an opponent.
- Resolved a visual issue with Candlebeard's charge enchantment banner.
- [Adventures] now correctly uses his Hero Power whenever he should.
- Resolved an issue with the Collection Manager that could allow the set filter to be interacted with behind the “Done” button.
- Scrolling through an Arena deck on a mobile device will no longer generate unnecessary prompts.
- The “Back” button will now function correctly after an Arena run is complete.
- History tiles that were queueing up while viewing a history event now populate correctly.
- Resolved an issue that could cause crafted cards to remain visible over the Collection Manager.
- Corrected a visual issue with the search bar in the Collection Manager.
- [Android] Resolved an issue with the download progress indicator.
- [iOS] Compatibility now requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- [iOS] The client will no longer sometimes freeze when a spectated player wins a match.
- Illidan Stormrage now has a special unique animation.
- Four new Tavern Brawl chalkboards have been added.