|Ann. date:||October 2, 2013|
|Release date:||October 2, 2013|
Patch 126.96.36.19990 is a patch administered during Hearthstone's closed beta test. The patch was made available on October 2nd, 2013. The release of the patch was immediately preceded by a complete wipe of all Hearthstone account information and card collections.
- 1 Wipe
- 2 Featured updates
- 3 Patch notes
- 4 Undocumented changes
Blizzard had announced at the start of the beta that there would be a wipe partway through this phase. On September 26th they announced that the account wipe would be occurring on October 2nd and gave details of the wipe. Below are some excerpts from the announcement:
Hearthstone™ Update - Account Wipe Incoming
At the start of the beta, we mentioned that we would reset information at some point, wiping all progress and cards in the process. We built this into our plan as we knew going into the beta that a number of cards were likely to emerge as overpowered and we also knew that we‘d make significant adjustments to the reward system and overall game progression. So, as part of the effort to level the playing field and also prepare our players’ accounts for the release version of our progression system, we made the decision to schedule a one-time wipe of all beta participant accounts. We have just about reached the point in closed beta where we’ll be doing this wipe, and thus wanted to share what that will mean for you, what to expect on the day of the wipe, and what will happen immediately afterwards.
A wipe? What’s a wipe?
If you are participating in the Hearthstone closed beta test, your progress will be reset. This includes your gold, experience and class levels gained through play, arcane dust quantities, cards unlocked through progression, and your medal ranking in Ranked Play mode. When you load up the game afterwards, it will be as if you were starting in Hearthstone as a new player. You’ll have to play the introductory missions once more and show Illidan just how prepared he is! (Spoilers: He’s not.)
I spent real money in Hearthstone! Is that going away!?
No way! As we mentioned in the earlier blog, any money you spent in Hearthstone will be reimbursed as gold, so you will be able to repurchase the same number of packs and Arena tickets you bought previously without additional investment. For each card pack purchased with real money, you’ll get back 100 gold. Each Arena entry will get you back 150 gold. Please note that any packs you purchase after the wipe will be different than the ones you had previously, so it is unlikely that you will receive the same cards again.
I helped test the store and got a Golden Gelbin Mekkatorque card! Is he wiped too?
Your good friend Gelbin will be waiting for you as soon as you complete the Illidan introductory mission. As soon as you’ve completed that mission you will receive the “Beta Hero” quest reward which will grant you Gelbin, as well as the gold credit for any purchases made prior to the wipe.
Will there be any wipes in the future?
We don’t anticipate any further wipes. This goes for both the Hearthstone beta and after the game’s official release. Any progress made during the beta after the wipe will be retained through the release of Hearthstone, such as new cards you obtain, levels that you gain and ranks you achieve. Basically, you’ll now be able to keep your stuff.
In our previous blog, we covered some of the nitty-gritty facts about the wipe and what exactly it entails. It’s an exciting time for the Hearthstone team, since this wipe will coincide with our first major closed beta patch for both the Americas and Europe regions. Our update covers a wealth of bug fixes and quality of life improvement within Hearthstone, and today we’ll be sharing some of the highlights of this upcoming patch. Many of these changes are based on feedback that you, our valued community, provided to us on the forums.
We’ve gotten a lot of comments on quests. The community has discovered some fun hidden quests, but some of our daily quests have frustrated those of you who have quests that don’t correspond to your favored class. After the patch, daily quests that require you to win with a specific class will now give you a choice between two classes, allowing you some additional flexibility.
Class balance has been a hot topic, with many of you commenting on the strength and versatility of the Rogue class compared to other classes, such as the Warrior and Priest. Rogues will have some key spells and minions adjusted to bring them more in line with the other classes. Warriors and Priests will find themselves with new tools and improved cards to round out their arsenal, and we’ve made some adjustments to the other classes here and there as well. We’ll be publishing our full patch notes so you can review these and other changes to the heroes of Hearthstone in full detail.
Golden cards are fun to collect in Hearthstone, and a cool way to show off your accomplishments. Many golden cards have been updated with new animations, and there are still more to come. If you’ve helped test our in-game store and acquired your new forever-friend Gelbin Mekkatorque, check out his shiny new animation! In addition to the new animations to Golden cards, we have also added the ability to unlock Golden Basic minions at higher experience levels. Now you can shoot for creating a 100% golden card deck to really dazzle your opponent!
We’ve received a lot of feedback regarding the crafting system, and how the crafting interface didn’t feel quite as intuitive as it should have been. Crafting is intended to be easy to access and a fun way to craft new cards for your collection, and we want that to be noticeable right away to the new player. We’ve updated the UI for our crafting system, so making cards for your collection should be even easier than before! Click the “Crafting Mode” button to access the updated crafting UI.
We’ve improved our chat functionality to make it more streamlined and easier to interact with your friends. We’ve also introduced Toasts: they’re a cool addition to our social features that let your friends know when you’ve done something awesome in-game, like open a Legendary card or complete an Arena run. Combine these two improvements together and you’ll never miss an exciting moment with your card-slinging friends in Hearthstone!
Play mode and Arena
Finally, we’re aware that a lot of discussion on the forums is revolving around Play and Arena mode, and how to make them more compelling for players to participate in. We’ve changed experience and leveling so you can max out your Hero at level 60 and earn experience in any game mode up to max level. This includes Play mode (ranked or unranked), Practice, matches against friends, and the Arena.
The rate that you acquire gold has been one of the other most-commented on topics on our forums. This patch will improve the gold output of Play mode, changing the gold generation rate from 5 gold per five wins to 10 gold per three wins. We will be monitoring this update as we progress further into closed beta and will continue to make changes as needed.
We’ve made significant changes to the Arena as well: In general, rewards gained will include less dust and more cards, as well as guaranteeing more gold for both five and six Arena wins. To further entice you to become an Arena Grand Master, an extra pack OR a golden card is now guaranteed at nine wins.
- The maximum level is now 60, and you can earn XP in any game mode up to max level.
- Chat has been rejiggered.
- Gold gained in Play mode has changed from 5 gold per 5 wins to 10 gold per 3 wins.
- You can now acquire Golden Basic minions at higher experience levels.
- Arena rewards now give less dust and more cards.
- More gold is guaranteed at 5 & 6 Arena wins.
- At 9 Arena wins, you are now guaranteed an extra pack or a Golden card.
- The animations for Secrets and Fatigue have been sped up dramatically.
- All cards now have flavor text when you view them in your collection.
- “Spell Power +1” has been renamed “Spell Damage +1”.
- Heroes can now be unlocked in either Play or Practice mode.
- Play, Practice and Friendly Play modes will now default to the custom deck selection UI if you've previously created a deck
- You can now click on chat bubbles to respond
- Social – When your friends complete an Arena run or get a Legendary card in a pack, you’ll be notified so you can tell them, “Grats!”
- Quests that required you to win with a class now give you a choice between 2 classes.
- Your Hearthstone friends list will now use your live Battle.net account friends list as opposed to the closed beta test friends list. You may discover on log-in that your friends list is quite a bit different! Anyone that you've added to your friends list before the wipe will have to be re-added, unless they were already on your existing Battle.net accounts friends list. Battle.net friends will now be able to see you playing Hearthstone!
- Crafting Mode – If you want to craft or disenchant cards, we have a new UI for this. Click the “Crafting Mode” button to check it out.
- Credits – Now you can see who’s behind all this nonsense.
- Options – Our Game Menu and Options screen have a new look! And you can also re-play the cinematic!
- Open Next Pack – Hit Spacebar after you open a pack to quickly unwrap your next one.
- Many Golden cards have new animations! More to come! Check out Gelbin Mekkatorque!
- Added event to transform coin into a card in your hand if you are going second
- Support for custom fonts in Russian and Polish has been added
- Gelbin Mekkatorque’s Repair Bot – Is now a 0/3 and has a new power: At the end of your turn, restore 6 Health to a damaged character.
- Sunfury Protector now only gives adjacent minions Taunt.
- Mana Wraith – Now a 2/2 (was a 1/3).
- Pint-sized Summoner – The cost reduction has been reduced from 2 to 1.
- Questing Adventurer is now Rare. [Previously Common]
- Flesheating Ghoul is now Common. [Previously Rare]
- Emperor Cobra has a new visual to remind you about his venomous power.
- Injured Blademaster has 1 more Attack. [Now a 4/7, up from a 3/7]
- Lorewalker Cho has 1 less Attack. [Now a 0/4, down from a 1/4]
- The Beast is now 9/7 (was 10/6).
- Lightwarden now gains +2 Attack per heal. [Previously gained +1]
- Twilight Drake is now a 4/1 with ‘Battlecry: Gain +1 Health for each card in your hand.’ [Previously: a 1/1 with 'Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each card in your hand.']
- Captain Greenskin is now a 5/4 with ‘Battlecry: Give your weapon +1/+1.’ [Previously a 5/5 with 'Whenever you attack with your hero, draw a card.']
- Dalaran Mage now has 1 less Attack. [Now a 1/4, down from a 2/4]
- Captain's Parrot now has 1 less Health. [Now a 1/1, down from a 1/2]
- Frostwolf Warlord now has a Battlecry effect instead of an ongoing effect. [Now has 'Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each other friendly minion on the battlefield.' instead of 'Has +1/+1 for each other friendly minion on the battlefield.']
- Nozdormu has a new visual effect.
- Frostbolt costs 2 Mana (down from 3).
- Mirror Image now creates 0/2 minions. [Previously 0/1s]
- Sorcerer's Apprentice has 1 more Attack. [Now a 3/2, up from a 2/2]
- Northshire Cleric - Now costs 1 (down from 2).
- Prophet Velen – Now also doubles the damage and healing of your Hero Power. [Previously only spells]
- Fade has been replaced with a new card:
- Shadow Word: Death – (3) Destroy a minion with an Attack of 5 or more.
- Cabal Shadow Priest – now a 4/5 (up from 3/4).
- Power Word: Shield has a new power – Give a minion +2 Health. Draw a card. [Previously 'Give a minion +3 Health.']
- Greater Heal has been replaced with a new card:
- Holy Fire – (6) Deal 5 damage. Restore 5 Health to your hero.
- Lightspawn has 1 more Health. [Now a 0/5, up from a 0/4]
- Sacrificial Pact costs 0 (down from 2).
- Pit Lord - Now a 5/6 with ‘Battlecry: Deal 5 damage to your hero’. [Previously a 7/5 with 'Battlecry: Deal 7 damage to your hero.']
- Backstab – New text: Deal 2 damage to an undamaged minion. [Previous effect 'Deal 2 damage to an enemy minion.']
- Preparation – Now reduces next spell cost by 3 (up from 2).
- Shiv costs 2 Mana (up from 1).
- Defias Ringleader has 1 less Health. [Now a 2/2, down from a 2/3]
- Conceal costs 1 Mana (up from 0).
- Headcrack costs 3 Mana (up from 2).
- Patient Assassin has a new visual to remind you about his power.
- Dagger Mastery – No longer has the ability to buff a currently equipped weapon. [Previous effect 'Equip a 1/2 Dagger; or Give your weapon +1 Attack this turn.']
- Edwin VanCleef is now a 2/2, but no longer has Stealth. [Previously a 1/1 with 'Stealth. Combo: Gain +2/+2 for each other card played this turn.']
- Wrath can no longer be cast on heroes.
- Cenarius costs 9 (up from 8).
- Starfall can now only hit minions. [Previously: 'Choose One - Deal 5 damage to an enemy; or 2 damage to all of them.']
- Ancient of Lore’s Healing option now only restores 5 Health. (down from 8)
- Savagery costs 1 (down from 3), and must target a single minion. [Previously: 'Deal damage equal to your hero's Attack to all enemy minions.']
- Hunter's Mark – No longer a 1-turn only effect. [Previously: 'Change a minion's Health to 1 this turn.']
- Scavenging Hyena – Now only eats your own Beasts. [Previously also triggered from enemy Beasts]
- Cruel Taskmaster has 1 more Health. [Now a 2/2, up from a 2/1]
- Inner Rage’s +2 Attack effect no longer goes away at the end of the turn.
- Battle Rage costs 3 (up from 2), and also counts damaged heroes.
- Frothing Berserker has 1 more Attack. [Now a 2/4, up from a 1/4]
- Commanding Shout now costs 2 (up from 1) and also draws you a card.
- Divine Favor now costs 1 more. [Now costs 3, up from 2]
- Fixed multiple issues with Faceless Manipulator incorrectly copying minions with buffs.
- Hunter's Mark now correctly reduces a minion’s health to 1.
- Fixed an issue with replaying cards returned to your hand causing a game halt.
- Playing Thoughtsteal now creates an entry in the game history.
- Misdirection no longer triggers if there are no legal targets.
- Ice Block now protects the hero from incremental damage.
- Blood Imp’s ability now correctly increases Lightspawn’s attack value.
- Fixed an issue where playing a minion before Cenarius’s battlecry goes off caused a game halt.
- Playing Mind Vision when the opponent has an empty hand no longer gives you a card.
- Knife Juggler’s ability will no longer trigger when a minion is copied to your hand.
- Fixed an issue where disenchanting cards too quickly caused the Arcane Dust counter to display the incorrect value.
- Fixed an issue where gold amounts were showing the wrong value.
- Replaying a minion that previously had health/attack modifications now shows the correct stats as it enters play.
- The Arena AMM wheel should no longer disappear when you find a match.
- Fixed an issue where the Spell Power visual effect could linger in your hand.
- Quickly playing minions as card draw effects are occurring no longer causes cards to stack in your hand.
- The opponent’s targeting arrow should now be appearing from the correct location.
- The visual effect for silence is now appearing over the targeted minion.
- Fixed an issue where spell animations would loop when multiple triggers occurred.
- Fixed an issue where the hero power button could become tilted.
- The announcer’s VO for both players should now be audible in the Arena.
- Fixed an issue where the druid AI did not play their choice cards correctly.
- Fixed an issue where sound effects would loop while in-game or in the Collection Manager.
- Master Volume now also affects music volume.
- A toast with your own name should no longer appear on login.
- The “farming” area of the Pandaria board will now allow you to spawn three radishes.
This is the presumed patch for the following changes:
- Music has been added to the Finding Opponent screen.
- The new 'promotion' card set has been added.
- Gelbin Mekkatorque has been moved from the reward card set to the promotion card set.
- Stormwind Knight's flavor text has been changed from "He's a little embarrassed about that one time Stormwind was destroyed." to "They're still embarassed about "The Deathwing Incident"."
- Healing Touch's flavor text has been changed from "The technique for this Touch is only slightly different than the "Touch of Intense Pain", and it takes years to learn the difference." to "8 Health, no waiting."
- Core Hound's flavor text has been changed from "You don’t tame a core hound. You just train it not to eat you." to "You don’t tame a Core Hound. You just train it to eat someone else before it eats you."
- Armorsmith's flavor text now correctly states "She" instead of "He".
- Druid of the Claw's flavor text has been changed from Druids of the Claw can shapeshift into Cat or Bear Form. You'd think they'd also be able morph into Wolf or Sloth Form, but apparently not. to "Cat or Bear? Cat or Bear?! I just cannot CHOOSE!".
- Gruul's flavor text has been changed from "Gruul the Dragonkiller deserves his name. The bones of dragons litter his lair in the Blade's Edge Mountains." to "He's Gruul "the Dragonkiller". He just wanted to cuddle them… he never meant to…"
- The cursor icon has changed. (Unknown early beta patch)