|Wiki tags:||Combat-related, Triggered effect|
|Artist:||Zoltan & Gabor|
We will always remember you, "Defender!"
How to get
|Golden Noble Sacrifice||400||50|
Two copies of regular Noble Sacrifice (Core) are obtained for raising paladin to level 1.
Two copies of golden Noble Sacrifice (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as paladin.
- This Secret triggers in response to any minion or hero attack against the controlling hero or any friendly minion, spawning a 2/1 Defender as the new target for the attack.
- Noble Sacrifice takes effect in the same step of the attack sequence as the Forgetful effect, as well as most other Secrets. Therefore, all such effects occur in order of play.
- If Noble Sacrifice was played and triggers first, the attacker may subsequently be redirected to a target other than the summoned Defender by an effect like Forgetful.
- The Defender summoned goes through a complete summoning process, as with any other minion, before the attack completes. In particular:
- He benefits from ongoing effect buffs from minions such as Stormwind Champion, and triggered effects such as Sword of Justice or Steward of Darkshire, which can allow him to survive an attack despite his low Health.
- He causes effects like Knife Juggler's to occur before the attack completes, giving it a chance of destroying an attacking minion, cancelling the attack but leaving the Defender in play.
- The Defender's death triggers death-related effects just as with any other minion. For instance, Redemption would return him to life.
- If the player's board is already full when the friendly target is attacked, the Secret will not be triggered or revealed, but will remain active.
- Noble Sacrifice will still trigger even if the attacker is removed or killed by another triggered effect that activated first, such as Explosive Trap.
This is an excellent Secret for when your opponent is bearing down on you, as the Defender it summons will absorb attack damage and deal light retaliation in return. Noble Sacrifice is best against minions with low Health, or to protect against weapon-using classes such as the rogue and warrior.
When playing against paladin Secrets, try attacks using higher-Health, lower Attack, or less valuable minions first to bait Noble Sacrifice out.
If you control a card which can buff the Defender on summon, such as Sword of Justice or Righteous Cause, you can summon a 3/2 to intercept the attack, increasing the lethal potential against the attacker or even allowing it to survive a small attack.
- Should the Defender survive his summoning attack or be brought back from death, such as through Redemption, his quote when commanded to attack is a boasting "hahaha, I LIVE!!".
- This card is sometimes more commonly referred to by its popular given nickname; it is often called 'Get Down', an obvious reference to the Defender's summoning quote.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "The Hunt for Illidan" series, for the card Vindicator Kentho.
- NightlyGoNews (2014-1-20). Hearthstone Mythbusters Episode 2.