|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Wiki tags:||Hero Power-related, Random, Spell-generating|
The ethereals have their own jousting tournament, and Saraad is the reigning champion. Also he won the ethereal hot dog eating contest.
How to get
|Golden Nexus-Champion Saraad||3200||1600|
- Like all such cards, Saraad can only add collectible spells to your hand. He cannot generate uncollectible spells like Spare Parts, or boss cards like Tail Swipe.
As of The Grand Tournament, there are 214 collectible spells in the game, giving each spell less than a 0.5% chance of being generated. The average mana cost of a spell is 2.8.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||School||Class||Cost||Description|
|Shifting Scroll||Common||General||MAGE||0||Each turn this is in your hand, transform it into a random Mage spell.|
|Barkskin||Common||General||DRUID||1||Give a minion +3 Health. Gain 3 Armor.|
|Dark Pact||Common||General||WARLOCK||1||Destroy a friendly minion. Restore 4 Health to your hero.|
|Psionic Probe||Common||General||PRIEST||1||Copy a spell in your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|Unstable Evolution||Epic||General||SHAMAN||1||Transform a friendly minion into|
one that costs (1) more. Repeatable this turn.
|Cheat Death||Common||General||ROGUE||2||Secret: When a friendly minion dies, return it to your hand.|
It costs (2) less.
|Crushing Hand||Common||General||SHAMAN||2||Deal 8 damage to a minion. Overload: (3)|
|Evasion||Epic||General||ROGUE||2||Secret: After your hero takes damage, become Immune this turn.|
|Lesser Pearl Spellstone||Rare||General||PALADIN||2||Summon a 2/2 Spirit with Taunt. (Restore 3 Health to upgrade.)|
|Lesser Ruby Spellstone||Rare||General||MAGE||2||Add 1 random Mage spell to your hand. (Play 2 Elementals to upgrade.)|
|Potion of Heroism||Common||General||PALADIN||2||Give a minion Divine Shield.|
Draw a card.
|Renew||Common||General||PRIEST||2||Restore 3 Health. Discover a spell.|
|Sudden Betrayal||Common||General||ROGUE||2||Secret: When a minion attacks your hero, instead it attacks one of its neighbors.|
|Wandering Monster||Rare||General||HUNTER||2||Secret: When an enemy attacks your hero, summon a 3-Cost minion as the new target.|
|Apotheosis||Common||General||PRIEST||3||Give a minion +1/+2 and Lifesteal.|
|Explosive Runes||Rare||General||MAGE||3||Secret: After your opponent plays a minion, deal 6 damage to it and any excess to their hero.|
|Healing Rain||Common||General||SHAMAN||3||Restore 12 Health randomly split among all friendly characters.|
|Primal Talismans||Rare||General||SHAMAN||3||Give your minions "Deathrattle: Summon a random basic Totem."|
|Reckless Flurry||Epic||General||WARRIOR||3||Spend all your Armor. Deal that much damage to all minions.|
|Twilight's Call||Rare||General||PRIEST||3||Summon 1/1 copies of 2 friendly Deathrattle minions|
that died this game.
|Unidentified Elixir||Common||General||PRIEST||3||Give a minion +2/+2. Gains a bonus effect in your hand.|
|Call to Arms||Epic||General||PALADIN||4||Recruit 3 minions that|
cost (2) or less.
|Cataclysm||Epic||General||WARLOCK||4||Destroy all minions. Discard your hand.|
|Flanking Strike||Common||General||HUNTER||4||Deal 3 damage to a minion. Summon a 3/3 Wolf.|
|Lesser Amethyst Spellstone||Rare||General||WARLOCK||4||Lifesteal. Deal 3 damage to a minion. (Take damage from your cards to upgrade.)|
|Oaken Summons||Common||General||DRUID||4||Gain 6 Armor.|
Recruit a minion that costs (4) or less.
|Deck of Wonders||Epic||General||MAGE||5||Shuffle 5 Scrolls into your deck. When drawn, cast a random spell.|
|Dragon's Fury||Epic||General||MAGE||5||Reveal a spell from your deck. Deal damage equal to its Cost to all minions.|
|Lesser Emerald Spellstone||Rare||General||HUNTER||5||Summon two 3/3 Wolves. (Play a Secret to upgrade.)|
|Lesser Onyx Spellstone||Rare||General||ROGUE||5||Destroy 1 random enemy minion.|
(Play 3 Deathrattle cards to upgrade.)
|Gather Your Party||Rare||General||WARRIOR||6||Recruit a minion.|
|Level Up!||Epic||General||PALADIN||6||Give your Silver Hand Recruits +2/+2 and Taunt.|
|To My Side!||Epic||General||HUNTER||6||Summon an Animal|
Companion, or 2 if your
deck has no minions.
|Unidentified Shield||Common||General||WARRIOR||6||Gain 5 Armor.|
Gains a bonus effect in your hand.
|Crushing Walls||Epic||General||HUNTER||7||Destroy your opponent's left and right-most minions.|
|Lesser Diamond Spellstone||Rare||General||PRIEST||7||Resurrect 2 different friendly minions. (Cast 4 spells to upgrade.)|
|Lesser Mithril Spellstone||Rare||General||WARRIOR||7||Summon one 5/5 Mithril Golem. (Equip a weapon to upgrade.)|
|Lesser Sapphire Spellstone||Rare||General||SHAMAN||7||Summon 1 copy of a friendly minion. (Overload 3 Mana Crystals to upgrade.)|
|Psychic Scream||Epic||General||PRIEST||7||Shuffle all minions into your opponent's deck.|
|Showing all 39 cards|
The following tables show probabilities for spells of specific mana costs and classes.
|Probability||5.6 %||21.0 %||23.8 %||21.5 %||11.2 %||7.0 %||6.1 %||1.4 %||0.9 %||0.5 %||0.9 %|
|Probability||12.2 %||11.2 %||13.1 %||11.7 %||12.2 %||10.3 %||10.3 %||9.8 %||9.4 %|
- Let's negotiate. You concede and I'll let you live.
- Effect triggering
- A new acquisition.
- You had your chance.
- Treading the chaotic spaces between worlds, the ethereals are astral travelers who dwell within the Twisting Nether. They are known to be collectors and traders of arcane items and artifacts. Now drawn to Outland, many ethereals are seeking to track down its treasures and steal them back into the Twisting Nether. They are liars and scoundrels who will stop at nothing to pursue their mysterious aims. The ethereals have no care at all for the Burning Crusade. They would even play both sides of the conflict against each other if doing so would serve to further their own goals.
- Ethereals can be found in Nagrand south of Lake Sunspring, in the Mana Tombs of Auchindoun, the Blade's Edge Mountains, and throughout the Netherstorm. A small number also dwell in Shattrath. The ethereals are driven by trade and economics, and accordingly their political structures are centered around trade princes and political "companies." The ethereal faction called The Consortium, which players can gain reputation with, is one of these. The ethereals that currently control the Mana Tombs in Auchindoun led by Nexus-Prince Shaffar are another of these "political companies." The Ethereum is a radical militant organization that attempts to avenge the destruction of the ethereal homeworld by void creatures. The Protectorate attempts to thwart the void and protect neutral races from the Ethereum's attacks.
- The ethereals are similar to goblins, in the way their political systems work, and like the goblins the ethereals will support anyone who would further their profits, and oppose anyone who dares interfere with their plans. The Ethereals also share in the goblins' propensity for technology, though their technology appears to be far more powerful and otherworldly. Ethereals possess everything from the familiar, such as transporters, to the radical, such as their eco-domes. They utilize a unique school of magic known as technomancy.
- While most ethereals seem completely neutral, the Consortium later allies with the Sha'tar.
- This card's art depicts Saraad riding an "energy-camel", a new racial mount created by the developers specifically for this card.
- Earlier concepts for the card art involved Saraad riding a giant scorpion, but the developers felt the result was a "little too intimidating" for Hearthstone. It was replaced by a "really angry, cool camel", but the developers thought they could "do a little better", eventually arriving at the "energy-camel" seen on the card's final art. The champion's scorpion-shaped lance was also changed to a traditional lance, before arriving at the "energy-lance". See the gallery for images.
- Patch 18.104.22.16886 (2015-08-18): Added.