|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
Hates when N'Zoth yells "Ahoy Matey!!", but there's not really much he can do about it.
RARITY=1 CLASS=10 COLLECTIBLE=1 ELITE=0 COST=1 HEALTH=1 ATK=1 CARDTYPE=4 CARDRACE=23 BATTLECRY=1
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
It is also used by Warriors to summon on turn 1; allowing for an explosive start of 2/2 worth of stats and a weapon to push early tempo.
This Pirate appears to be a qiraji, an insectoid race created millenia ago by the Old God . However, it is also clearly flying the skull and crossbones, along with a crossed swords insignia on its mount's saddle, and has a hook for a right hand. This minion's professed close relationship to (N'Zoth's "First Mate") is also new, suggesting N'Zoth to hold a position of Captain on board a pirate vessel of some kind, but is likely not intended to be taken too literally. N'Zoth is speculated to be imprisoned beneath Azeroth's oceans, which may account for the watery theme of this Pirate minion.
As an Old God-related pirate insectoid, this minion is distinctly original to Hearthstone. A qiraji following N'Zoth is also new, since the two Old Gods were traditionally enemies. However, with their master's death, the servants of C'Thun are ready to rally behind any remaining Old God.
- This card's original design was that of . The second known fully developed name and art for the design, the card features the same concept of a flying pirate as featured in the final Patches the Pirate.
- The card was initially jokingly titled "Dean's First Mate", in reference to Dean Ayala's love of the original Patches the Pirate, which had been removed from Blackrock Mountain last minute, much to the designer's dismay.
- Patch 22.214.171.12474 (2016-04-24): Added.
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-07-16).
- Ben Brode on reddit. (2016-11-05).
- PC Gamer - The two-year making of Hearthstone’s Patches the Pirate. (2016-12-15).