His mother said that he was just big boned.
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Example: If you have a full hand with Mountain Giant and 9 other cards your Mountain Giant costs 12 - 9 = 3 mana. If Mountain Giant is the only card in your hand it costs 12 mana, and thus it cannot be played without other cost-modifying effects.
- Example: If you have 2 Mountain Giants and 7 other cards in hand, the first Mountain Giant you play will cost 12 - 8 = 4 mana, while the following one will cost 12 - 7 = 5 mana, since by playing a card (the first Mountain Giant) you were left with fewer cards in hand to discount the second Mountain Giant.
- The mana cost of this card cannot be reduced below 0. However, further cost-reductions can help in countering cost-increasing effects like .
- This card has an in-hand effect: it modifies its own mana cost only while in the player's hand, and not while the card is anywhere else.
If you need just one more Mana Crystal in order to summon the Mountain Giant, do not use (unless you have a or the enemy has on the board). The Coin is a card; playing it will increase the cost of the Giant by one.
When planning a turn involving Mountain Giants, do not forget that the cost will increase with every card played (unless the card draws others). Therefore, it is often wise to play Mountain Giant as the first card of the turn, or after any draw effects have been activated. This is particularly easy to forget when playing two Mountain Giants in a row: The second one will cost one more than the first. For instance, with a full hand, two Mountain Giants will each show 3 mana cost, but once the first is played the second will cost 4, resulting in a total cost of 7 for the pair.
- ▶️<summon sound>
- ▶️<attack sound>
- ▶️<death sound>
- Mountain giants are colossal creatures, crafted by the titans when the world was young, composed of living stone and stout flora. Benevolent and solitary by nature, the mountain giants have awakened to find that the tranquil world they once helped to shape has become a hectic battlefield of fire and sorrow. Now the mountain giants have pledged their courage and strength to the night elves' cause — and stand ready to banish the last remnants of the Burning Legion from the world. These massive melee units can take incredible amounts of punishment from attackers.
- Mountain Giant is one of the original three Giants in Hearthstone. Several more have been added in expansions and adventure sets. All Giants are 8/8 epic minion cards, featuring a theme of their mana cost being reduced by a specific game factor.
- This card's flavor text may be a reference to the half-giant Olympe Maxime in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, who at first claims she has no giant blood and is merely big-boned.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Hall of Fame to Legacy set.
- Patch 220.127.116.11222 (2020-03-26): Moved from Classic to Hall of Fame set.
- Patch 18.104.22.16852 (2018-07-10): Is now a Elemental (previously: no minion type).
- Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Now has 8 Attack (Down from 10). Now has 8 Health (Down from 10).