|Artist:||Zoltan & Gabor|
Deal 4 damage. If you have 12 or less Health, deal 6 instead.
"If you only use one ability, use Mortal Strike." - The Warrior Code, Line 6
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Mortal Strike||800||100|
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
- Regular Mortal Strike could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This is one of the few abilities a warrior has in his arsenal that can deal significant direct damage to either a minion or opposing hero without having to take damage in return. While weaker than other classes' cards like Fireball, this ability can be very useful in warrior decks.
The 4 damage during the majority of the game is enough to clear most taunt minions, especially when used in combination with Slam, Whirlwind, Heroic Strike or Execute. The 2 point damage bump when health is low, as well as being able to hit any target instead of just minions, make it worth the extra mana cost over similar spells such as Shadow Bolt.
Mortal Strike can also be used as a game finisher when you need that last few points of damage to finish off the opposing hero.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "If you only use one ability, use Mortal Strike." - The Warrior Code, Line 6
Mortal Strike is an Arms warrior melee attack from World of Warcraft. One of the most important and powerful attacks in the Arms warrior's arsenal, it deals a large amount of damage and applies a healing debuff, reducing any healing received by the target for a short duration. It also generates rage to fuel the warrior's other attacks, making regular use of the ability even more desirable.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Icecrown" series, for the card Buma Sharpstride.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 126.96.36.19940 (April or May 2013): Now deals 4 or 6 damage instead of 4 or 8.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).