|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
|Abilities:||Transform in hand|
|Tags:||In-hand effect, Random, Triggered effect, Weapon-related|
Each turn this is in your hand, transform it into a new weapon.
It’s a sword! It’s a knife! It’s a swizzle-stick!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Molten Blade||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like Shifter Zerus, the card text reads "each turn", but the transform effect actually only takes place at the start of the controlling player's turn.
- This card may transform into any collectible weapon, but not uncollectible ones. It may turn into Molten Blade itself, although this will not produce any additional effect; it will simply continue shifting normally on the next turn.
- This effect triggers at the start of your turn, and retains its ability after transforming, indicated by an accompanying visual effect.
- The transformation includes stats, abilities, mana cost, and class of the card.
- If the card is played, put into play by another effect, or copied, the resulting card will be the transformed one, without Molten Blade's ability.
- This weapon will lose enchantments granted to cards in the hand when it transforms.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The random and unpredictable nature of Molten Blade makes this card a poor pick in any serious constructed deck. However, that same random and unpredictable nature makes Molten Blade a good choice when building "fun" decks.
A Molten Blade transformed into Twig of the World Tree can be a strong play if the deck has other weapons with which to replace it, triggering its Deathrattle and gaining 10 Mana Crystals as early as turn 5.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20636 (2017-04-04) Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Brian Kibler (2017-04-19). (Hearthstone) Who Wins in a Fight? Molten Blade VS Sulfuras - YouTube (10:22).