Summon two 0/2 minions with Taunt.
Oh hey it's Mirror Image! !egamI rorriM s'ti yeh hO
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Generated by[edit | edit source]
As well as being collected in decks, this card can also be created by the following cards.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Mirror Image were a reward for raising a mage to level 4.
- Two Golden copies of Mirror Image were a reward for raising a mage to levels 36 and 38.
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Mirror Images are a cheap, effective way of bringing Taunts onto the board in the early game and excel in buying you 1-2 rounds as your opponent deals with them.
Although it is a good card to play early on, it might still be very effective late in the game. If your opponent has 1 or 2 heavy hitting minions on the battlefield and not much else to deal with the Mirror Images, they might buy you enough time to finish the enemy off with a few powerful spells, or even draw into answers to their board presence.
This card can be effective in specifically protecting valuable minions when played at the same time as those minions, providing an instant defence against physical attacks. This can prevent the opponent from immediately removing valuable minions, giving the controlling player a turn or two to make use of them before they are countered. This works especially well with spell-triggered minions such as Archmage Antonidas and Gadgetzan Auctioneer, where the spell can serve as both Taunt and fuel for card generation.
Mirror Image is also one of the most mana-efficient ways of generating damage from a Knife Juggler (2 points of damage for 1 mana) as well as being an excellent way of protecting this valuable but vulnerable minion.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "How do you know which one is real?!" —Dizdemona
Mirror Image is a mage spell from World of Warcraft. In the game, the spells creates three mirror images of the mage, identical in every detail, who will attack the mage's enemies by casting spells such as Frostbolt. While these clones can deal some useful additional damage, they also serve another purpose - distraction. Summoning them causes any enemies to deselect the mage, forcing them to then manually search through the clones in order to find the real mage. It is clearly this aspect of the original spell which inspired the Hearthstone version.
Battle aside, mages are well known in Warcraft lore for creating lasting multiple images of themselves. These may be used to assist in spell-casting, or even take the mage's place in complex interactions such as experimentation, conversation, and the instruction of disciples.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Scourgewar" series, for the card Mirror Image.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 188.8.131.5236 (2017-04-04) Now has Free rarity (previously: Common).
- Patch 184.108.40.20690 (2013-10-02): Mirror Image's health increased to 2, up from 1. Summon two 0/2 minions with Taunt. [1 mana, Common]
- Previously: Summon two 0/1 minions with Taunt. [1 mana, Common]