|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
|Wiki tags:||Positional effect, Targeted|
When you absolutely, positively, have to kill all the dinosaurs.
How to get
- Meteor first deals damage to the targeted minion and adjacent ones in the order center-left-right, then resolves all Damage Events (queuing and resolving triggers) in the same order.
While it's difficult to make full use out of the 15 damage, Meteor is still an efficient removal spell that can target one large minion and two medium or small ones. Trade before using the spell so that your opponent's weakest minions are beside their strongest one, letting Meteor get a 3-for-1. You don't always need to use the extra damage either - destroying three 3-health minions is comparable to Flamestrike.
When playing against a Mage, try to position your largest minion on the outside of your board and to group your high-health minions together, lowering the efficiency of the card.
- This and Grievous Bite are the only spells to have the same "low-high-low" damage-dealing pattern as Explosive Shot. Swipe is also similar in its ability to do one high and several low amounts of damage.
- At the time of its release, Meteor's damage was high enough to kill any collectible minion in the game at its base maximum Health.
- Patch 18.104.22.16836 (2017-04-04): Added.
- Letos (29.04.2021). The order of damage in Hearthstone. YouTube. Retrieved on 29.04.2021.