|Set:||Kobolds & Catacombs|
My name is Marin the Fox. You took my treasure. Prepare to die.
CLASS=12 COLLECTIBLE=1 RARITY=5 CARDTYPE=4 COST=8 ATK=6 HEALTH=6 BATTLECRY=1 ELITE=1
How to get
Regular and golden Marin the Fox are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
|Custom||Purchase a ticket or Virtual Ticket to BlizzCon 2017 from 17:00 November 6, 2017 until 18:00 December 7, 2017.||Golden||1|
|Custom||Log in to Hearthstone from 17:00 November 6, 2017 until 18:00 December 7, 2017.||Regular||1|
|Custom||Own a Kobolds & Catacombs pack and go to the Open Packs menu from 18:00 December 7, 2017.||Regular||1|
- Regular Marin the Fox is obtained by owning a Kobolds & Catacombs pack and going to Open Packs menu.
- Regular Marin the Fox was obtained by logging into Hearthstone from November 6 to December 7, 2017.
- Golden Marin the Fox was obtained by purchasing a ticket or Virtual Ticket to BlizzCon 2017.
This minion's true strength, due to being weak for its cost, lies in its Battlecry. The treasure chest it spawns can give you some of the most powerful cards in the game. However, due to the chest's high health, you'll need a strong move to destroy it.
Marin pairs very well with . On turn 10, you can play Marin, then the to instantly destroy the treasure chest. Priests have more ways to destroy the chest such as and the most effective method of them all, .
Priests can turn a mostly undamaged chest into an one-hit-kill with , two Divine Spirits and . A true OTK can be accomplished with or .
While the chest is harmless on its own, the enemy can buff the chest with cards like to turn it into a sturdy minion, or use it for the aforementioned one-hit kill against a Priest. Warlocks can even use to give the chest to their opponent, before breaking it and stealing the treasure for themselves. Marin should be played with caution if you suspect the enemy is running these sorts of cards. Be careful against Paladins, since they can turn the Chest against you with powerful buffs (, , ) or even help them complete .
Marin's power level is similar to other legendaries; and . While it won't backfire or potentially give the enemy an advantage, the sheer range of outcomes he can produce and overall high mana cost makes him less viable in a competitive deck, even as a value play.
's Battlecry offers the same treasures as Marin, and is a largely superior version as Togwaggle's treasures can be obtained much easier and more reliably, as well as allowing to choose the treasure best suited for the situation.
- ▶️ En garde!
- ▶️ <death sound>
Marin is unique to Hearthstone.
- Legendary adventure requires legendary adventurers, and Marin the Fox is an adventurer’s adventurer! This cunning rogue knows the ins and outs of every dungeon, and he’s delving deep into the Catacombs in search of a storied chest brimming with ridiculously powerful magical items.
- All players who logged into Hearthstone starting November 6, 2017 and lasting until ??? received a normal copy of Marin the Fox for free.
- Marin the Fox is the second card that was able to be used in Play mode before the release of the expansion it belonged to, the first being .
- This card's flavor text is a reference to the famous quote "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die" from the 1987 romantic comedy film The Princess Bride.
- Marin the Fox is the first card released since to feature flavor text on the main body of the card. Much like Dr. Boom, it helps explain the card's comparatively complex mechanics without having all of it written out.
- Patch 220.127.116.1115 (2017-11-06): Added.
- Daxxarri (2017-11-03). Gather Your Party for Kobolds & Catacombs. Retrieved on 2017-11-05.
- Hearthstone at BlizzCon 2017: Opening Ceremony - YouTube. (2017-11-03). Retrieved on 2017-11-04.
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2017-10-27).
- Blizzard Entertainment (2017-10-30). Join Hearthstone at BlizzCon 2017. Retrieved on 2017-11-05.