|Set:||Forged in the Barrens|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Generate, Shuffle into deck|
|Tags:||Casts When Drawn-generating|
Battlecry: Help Mankrik find his wife! She was last seen somewhere in your deck.
Relives his nightmare every day a new Horde player is created.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
- Summoned minions
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Please add any available information to this section.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- ▶️<Music stinger>
- ▶️Please! Help me find Olgra.
- ▶️Bring me their tusks!
- ▶️<death sound>
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Mankrik is an orc quest giver located at Grol'dom Farm in the Northern Barrens and near Razorfen Kraul in the Southern Barrens. Quilboar corpses are littered around him in the Southern Barrens. Mankrik also helps defend Sethria's Roost on Mount Hyjal against the minions of Ragnaros during the quest The Protectors of Hyjal.
- Mankrik and his wife Olgra battled quilboars in a small tauren camp when they were separated by the overwhelming numbers. As he saw his wife being overwhelmed by newcomers, rage came over him as he turned to face his enemies, but they brought him down easily with their vast numbers. He later awoke to a tauren druid tending his wounds — the druid had come across him on the Gold Road as he fell. Filled with uncertainty whether his wife was still alive or not, he stood at the Crossroads every day scouting the horizon for more quilboars to quench his bloodthirst.
- He later managed to retrieve the corpse of his wife and bury her, raising a humble monument in her honor. However his thirst for their blood had still not been quenched, killing every quilboar he'd seen since they murdered his wife and burned down his homestead. Still not satisfied with the slaughter of the quilboar at Thorn Hill, he later traveled to the Southern Barrens, realizing that there will be no peace without his wife, wanting to see their very homes razed. It's then hinted that Mahka helps him to settle with his troubles and may be romantically involved.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mankrik used to be disenchant for full Arcane Dust value for one week (from March 30 to April 6, 2021) even without any card changes, but with its being able to get for free through Rewards Track after the expansion's release, which could cause frustration and duplicate protection loss to whoever got golden Mankrik through Forged in the Barrens card packs before expansion's release.
- Mankrik's effect is a reference to the infamous Lost in Battle quest in World of Warcraft, where he asks the adventurer to find his wife. However, his wife is very far away from his location, he offers no information on who or where she is, and the NPC in question is only referred as "Beaten Corpse". As a result, the Barrens chat was often flooded with players asking where she is, and "Mankrik's Wife" became a meme amongst the World of Warcraft community.
- Mankrik and his wife were first mentioned in Secretkeeper's updated flavor text, two years before they were added.
- Mankrik's attack quote and effect, as well as the name of the uncollectible minion his effect summons, are references to the Consumed by Hatred quest in World of Warcraft, where he asks the adventurer to bring him 30 Quilboar Tusks in vengeance of his wife's death.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52662 (2021-03-25): Added.