|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
Mal'Ganis doesn't like being betrayed, so if you discard him, watch out.
- For the boss in Book of Heroes, see .
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- As a non-stat adjusting ongoing effect, Mal'Ganis' Immune effect is removed immediately after death, and thus it will not protect the hero from any Deathrattles triggered by simultaneous deaths. For example, if a weakened Mal'Ganis and an are killed by a , the hero will lose the Immune effect before the Abomination's Deathrattle is triggered, and so will be damaged by it. On the other hand, the buff to other Demons, similarly to all other stat adjusting ongoing effects (such as ), is removed only after any Deathrattles.
- Mal'Ganis will not interact with the Classic version of Lord Jaraxxus (that can be generated through ) unless Lord Jaraxxus is put into play strictly as a minion: thus, if Lord Jaraxxus is played directly from the hand, Mal'Ganis will not buff him and will not prevent him from 'destroying' the controlling hero in order to replace him; while, if Lord Jaraxxus is put into play through a Summon or Put into battlefield effect, Mal'Ganis will grant him +2/+2.
Mal'Ganis is an extremely high-power minion with a very strong persistent effect that greatly benefits demon-based decks, but his high cost and relatively low Health makes him difficult to leave up without assistance. Protecting him is a must, so avoid playing him without any protection, such as Taunt minions. Save any Stealth granting mechanics (i.e. ) for Mal'Ganis.
Mal'Ganis is even more impactful if he can be brought out earlier with cards like , , or . Similarly, reviving him with is a huge blessing because he will buff every other demon that's been resurrected with him.
Beware that your opponent may use take control effects such as , or copy effects such as , to make themselves the recipient of Mal'Ganis' abilities. 's effect cannot be activated while Mal'Ganis is rendering the hero Immune, making the two cards somewhat antagonistic.
Mal'Ganis is an excellent target for , as not only will two 9/7 bodies be summoned upon the Cube's death, the two Mal'Ganis will buff each other, making them both 11/9s. This effect actually poses an impact as 9 health brings them out of the range of effects such as , , , and .
- ▶️Tiny mortal.
- ▶️<death sound>
- "You hear the voice of the Dark Lord. He whispers to you through the blade you wield... What does he say, young human? What does the Dark Lord of the Dead tell you now?" - Mal'Ganis, to Arthas
- Mal'Ganis was one of the nathrezim sent by Archimonde as a jailor of the Lich King. He was chosen to head up the plot to turn Prince Arthas to darkness, and make him the Lich King's greatest champion.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Reign of Fire" series, for the card Varimathras, Dreadlord Insurgent.
- This card's art actually depicts Varimathras, a nathrezim who, feigning service to in exchange for her sparing his life, later staged a coup for control of the Undercity.
- Mal'Ganis' summon quote is frequently misheard as "I am Mal'Ganis. I am a turtle!" by the community. This was parodied in Heroes of the Storm.
Patch 22.214.171.12434 (2014-12-04): Added.
- Tested by User:Taohinton, 2014-02-22. Played Mal'Ganis then . Weakened Mal'Ganis to 2 Health. Used . Both minions were destroyed (hero was Immune and thus protected from damage). Hero then lost Immune effect. Abomination's Deathrattle then triggered, damaging all characters, including the hero.
- Tested by User:jerodast, 2014-02-21. Played , , , and , in order. Damaged Champion and Sheep to 1 Health and removed Annoy-o-Tron's Divine Shield. Killed Champion and Sheep with . The Sheep exploded, dealing 2 damage to all minions. Then the stat buffs disappeared. The Drake was left a damaged 4/3, the Annoy-o-Tron a damaged 1/1.
- Tested by User:jerodast, 2014-02-21. Played , , , , and , in order. Damaged Champion and Sheep to 1 Health and removed Annoy-o-Tron's Divine Shield. Killed Champion and Sheep with . The Sheep exploded, dealing 2 damage to all minions. Then the stat buffs disappeared. The Annoy-o-Tron was left at 1 Health, the Shieldmasta at 4, and the Elemental at 5.
- Zeriyah on Twitter. (2014-12-02).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-12-08).