The main menu for Hearthstone is the central hub from which all main features of the game can be accessed, and the first screen the player arrives at when the game has completed its startup.
However, when first playing the game, players are initially presented with the Tutorial, which they must complete before reaching the main menu.
Main features[edit | edit source]
- Play mode
- Solo Adventures
- Tavern Brawl
- My Collection
- Open Packs
The main menu also features the common interface elements of the friends list and time display on the lower left, and the player's current gold total and Game Menu icon on the lower right.
Functionality[edit | edit source]
The main menu's main functionality is to allow access to the various game screens. It also serves as backdrop for the Quest Log. Additionally, the number beneath the Open Packs icon can be checked from the main menu to see the number of unopened packs currently awaiting the player's attention.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124904 (2021-04-13): Fixed a bug where the Play button would always be highlighted in the main menu.
- Patch 126.96.36.199614 (2020-11-12): Replaced Quest Log with Journal.
- Patch 188.8.131.52160 (2020-10-22): Modes button now has a new appearance that also includes Duels.
- Patch 184.108.40.206747 (2019-11-05): A new "Modes" button appears, replacing the original position of the bottom-most "Tavern Brawl" button. The previous position of the "Arena" button is now the "Tavern Brawl" button, and the "Modes" button now encompasses the game modes "Battlegrounds" and "Arena".
- Patch 220.127.116.1166 (2015-06-15): As a teaser for the coming Tavern Brawl game mode, the as yet blank fourth button sparkles for a few seconds each time the player enters the main menu.
- Patch 18.104.22.16824 (2014-07-22):
- The Practice button has been replaced with the Solo Adventures button.
- The Open Packs display has been moved slightly.
- Patch 22.214.171.12417 (2013-12-10): The art has been updated for the box and pack opening screens.