|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
Playing him also gets you into the Magnataur Beta.
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Magnataur Alpha's triggered effect only triggers if it attacks, not if it is attacked. or if it deals damage by any other means (such as ).
- After combat damage is dealt and resolved (queuing and resolving triggers), this minion also deals damage equal to its Attack to the minions adjacent to the attacked minion, in the order left-right, and then these new Damage Events are resolved (queuing and resolving triggers).
- No combat occurs for this extra damage: thus, this minion will not suffer damage in return from minions adjacent to the attacked one and therefore it will also not suffer any triggered effects from those minions that activate from dealing damage (such as 's destroy effect and/or 's Freeze effect).
- If Magnataur Alpha is redirected by , it will deal both combat and additional damage accordingly: for example, if it is redirected to attack a minion next to itself, Magnataur Alpha will deal its extra damage to itself too.
Although this minion has a good amount of attack it lacks Health and can be easily eliminated from the board before doing any damage. To counter this, a player can wait until turn 5 to use it with the Charge spell, as it boosts even more the destructive power of the Magnataur and can easily clear most of the enemy side of the board.
- Magnataur are massive creatures that live in Northrend. They have the torso of a giant attached to the body of a mammoth; like the centaur and Keepers of the Grove, they are relatives of the demigod . They are notoriously long-lived and rumored to engage in cannibalism when food is scarce. They are vicious, brutal, and uncaring; only the strongest and meanest survive. Despite their hostility towards all other races, they have become strangely tolerant of the arctic kobolds, who follow the magnataurs for safety and mutual benefit during hunts.
- Magnataur live in prides, much like lions: one or two dominant males and several females along with their offspring.
- Patch 188.8.131.5286 (2015-08-18): Added.