|Wiki tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
Maexxna gets super mad when people introduce her as "Maxina" or "Maxxy".
- For the boss of the same name, see Maexxna (boss)
How to get
With a large Health pool and the devastating Poisonous effect, Maexxna can destroy minion after minion if left unattended to. She has especially powerful synergy with several classes:
- Maexxna's Beast attribute pairs well with the hunter's class cards. The Houndmaster can make her a formidable defense with Taunt, and a pre-emptive Tundra Rhino can let her surprise opponents. Bestial Wrath can allow her to kill off high Attack minions without dying herself.
- The priest's Lesser Heal grants Maexxna even more resilience on the field. She is also a prime target for Divine Spirit and Inner Fire.
Maexxna's low Attack makes her highly vulnerable to Stampeding Kodo, Shadow Word: Pain, Potion of Madness, or even worse, Cabal Shadow Priest. As a result, Maexxna is severely outclassed by cheaper Poisonous minions introduced after the release of Naxxramas.
- ▶️<attack sound>
- ▶️<death sound>
In Curse of Naxxramas
- The poisons Grand Widow Faerlina concocts come from the spiderlings produced by Maexxna, a massive spider taken from the depths of Northrend. She feasts on those foolish enough to enter the necropolis, producing spider after spider that Kel'Thuzad uses to his own foul ends.
In World of Warcraft
- "Maexxna — born deep within the mountains of Northrend many ages ago, she was captured within the dread citadel Naxxramas, where she gives birth to her brood, feeding them the corpses of all who dare venture too deeply into Naxxramas."
- - Commander Eligor Dawnbringer
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Naxxramas Raid Deck" series, for the card Maexxna.
- Patch 126.96.36.19920 (2017-02-28): Text changed from "Destroy any minion damaged by this minion." to "Poisonous".
- Patch 188.8.131.5234 (2014-12-04): Flavor text now reads "Maexxna gets super mad when people introduce her as "Maxina" or "Maxxy"." Previously "Maexxna gets pissed when people introduce her as "Maxina" or "Maxxy"."
- Patch 184.108.40.20624 (2014-07-22): Added.
- Naxxramas, the Floating Necropolis (official blog). (2014-07-03).