|Set:||United in Stormwind|
|Abilities:||Playerbound, Replace Hero Power, Start of Game, Transform|
|Wiki tags:||Class-related, Triggered effect|
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
She doesn't drop character until after the DVD commentary.
How to get
Maestra of the Masquerade can be obtained by:
- Opening card packs
- Crafting regular version for 1600 dust
- Crafting golden version for 3200 dust
- Completing an Arena or Heroic Duels run
- Completing Climbing the Ranks achievements (Regular only)
Category Name Description Rewards Game Modes - Ranked - Climbing the Ranks Reach Legend in Ranked (any format). 50 , Random Recent Expansion Legendary Card,Legend Card Back
- Before the game shows your opponent, you start with a non-Rogue and random class, your favorite hero of that class, and its Hero Power.
- this functions like a "Start of Game" card mechanically, except unlike other cards, it's effect is not displayed to other characters until later
- Your class is effectively different and discover effects and other things that interact with your class will use your disguised class.
- Right after you play a rogue card, your hero transforms into your the rogue hero you chose for the deck, and replaces your current Hero Power with its.
- Playing a Multi-class card such as one from either Mean Streets of Gadgetzan or Scholomance Academy will remove your disguise.
- Battlecries process before the class change takes effect. As such, Battlecries on Rogue cards that interact with your class will still use the disguised class before revealing the disguise.
- Using Genn Graymane with this card will result in the new class' Hero Power costing (1). Reverting back to Rogue, however, nullifies the cost reduction to the player's Hero Power and will not apply to Dagger Mastery.
- The effect of Baku the Mooneater will never trigger with this in your deck since the check happens before cards enter your hand.
- Using a Rogue Hero Card will not revert you back to your favourite rogue hero.
- Cards that reveal themselves without them being played can let your opponent know you are a rogue without removing your disguise. There are many examples:
- Invoking while Galakrond, the Nightmare is in your deck while disguised will cause it to show up, revealing you are a rogue without removing your disguise.
- Trading a Tradeable card like SI:7 Extortion will cause it to show up, revealing you are a rogue without removing your disguise.
- The effect of Enthusiastic Banker will reveal what card it stored, revealing you are a rogue without removing your disguise.
- Fetching a Rogue Secret via Mad Scientist's Deathrattle will show the Secret in rogue black, revealing you are a rogue without removing your disguise.
- The effect will confuse The Lich King into using the class specific card of the class you are disguised as; by restarting you can effectively choose what unfair card you want to play against or remove it completely if you get Demon Hunter, where there is no card to give you.
Maestra can serve as a tool to confuse your enemy into spending cards they otherwise may not have spent knowing you were a rogue. The deception is likely strongest at the start of the game, where opponents are likely to Mulligan differently, such as expecting aggression from a Warrior.
Since your class actually changes, your discover effects and "from your class" effects (such as Wandmaker) generate cards from your new disguised class, creating an effect where you can play your entire game as another class then surprising your opponent with a sudden burst of damage that they might not have expected from someone like a priest.
- Effect triggering
- ▶️The grand deception, revealed!
- ▶️Show me that face!
- ▶️<death sound>
There is 1 achievement related to Maestra of the Masquerade.
|Gameplay - Stormwind - Rogue||A Girl Has No Face||Using Maestra of the Masquerade, start the game as every other class.||200 , 20|
Maestra of the Masquerade is unique to Hearthstone.
- Masks of Uther Lightbringer, Garrosh Hellscream and Sylvanas Windrunner can be seen in this card's artwork.
- When played, Maestra of the Masquerade appears as a Murloc Tinyfin.
- Patch 220.127.116.11998 (2021-07-27): Added.