|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage|
Battlecry: Deal 3 damage randomly split between all other characters.
He's not really all that crazy, he is just not as careful with explosives as he should be.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Mad Bomber||400||50|
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of golden Mad Bomber (Core) are obtained for winning 500 games across all classes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
This minion's effect shoots 3 missiles, each one dealing 1 damage to a randomly selected character (other than this minion):
- Each missile is resolved (queuing and resolving triggered effects, such as that of Acolyte of Pain) before the next one is shot.
- As with all random effects, the missiles can hit any other character, including other friendly minions, Immune targets (which will however suffer no damage), Stealthed minions, and both heroes.
- Characters which have been mortally wounded by earlier missiles or destroyed by triggered effects like Acidmaw will not be selected as targets for subsequent missiles (thus preventing missiles from dealing 'overkill' damage to targets that have already been destroyed by earlier missiles).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Mad Bomber's Battlecry can be useful in damaging or destroying enemy minions, especially if they are low in health or numerous. It will also trigger Enrage effects, as well as the effects of cards like Acolyte of Pain or Grim Patron. Conversely, it is inadvisable to play this card when there is a high chance of hitting friendly minions that do not benefit from being damaged, or if there are enemy minions that do benefit from being damaged.
This card sees play in aggressive decks which run high amounts of direct damage and comparatively few minions.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- ▶️Wanna blow somethin' up? Ha-ha!
- ▶️Oo-oo-yeah you got it!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Goblins are small humanoids, crafty and shrewd, bearing an overwhelming interest in commerce and a strong curiosity about mechanical things. Goblin society is fragmented, defined chiefly by commerce and trade. The ultimate schemers and con artists, goblins are always in search of a better deal. Despite their seemingly chaotic natures, they exist in a fairly strict and straightforward hierarchy. Other races universally view goblins as inventors, merchants and, without exception, maniacs. Goblins value technology as a useful aspect of commerce. Some say that their advantage — and their curse — is to be the primary users of technology in a world governed by magic. While dwarves and gnomes share a similar gift, goblin technology is more far-reaching and sinister and makes a larger impact on the natural world.
- They employ vast teams of engineers who expand on current technology and produce gadgets to suit a wide array of applications. They constantly build and repair machines and work on new ideas. Unfortunately, goblins alternate passionate genius with wandering focus. Their lack of discipline means that many creations end up half finished as something else catches their attention. Goblin workmanship has a partially deserved reputation for unreliability, and a goblin device may explode simply because its creator forgot to add a vital release valve. Goblins are envious of the Ironforge dwarves’ invention of firearms, both from a commercial and a technological standpoint. Goblins recognize that firearms represent a new source of power, and he who controls the source controls the gold — which is, to goblins, the ultimate power. Fortunately for the rest of the world, goblin firearm experimentation suffers from the race’s normal laxity — and improperly tended gunpowder experiments continue to end the careers of many aspiring goblin tinkers. However, goblin ingenuity has paid off a few times; goblin gunpowder weapons tend to be inelegant and violently explosive (land mines, rockets and the like).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Betrayal of the Guardian" series, for the card Goblin Sapper.
- Madder Bomber is a larger version of this card.