|Set:||The Boomsday Project|
|Abilities:||Modify cost, Set attribute|
Luna became head of the astronomy department when her boss invented the Pocket Black Hole.
How to get
|Luna's Pocket Galaxy||1600||400|
|Golden Luna's Pocket Galaxy||3200||1600|
Luna's Pocket Galaxy is a card that does nothing when played, but the tempo loss is made up by its potentially huge mana discount. It thrives in decks that run a good number of large minions and good card draw and allows combos that aren't normally possible. It can also be used as a combo setup for Malygos, Alexstrasza, or Archmage Antonidas to allow following up with more spells.
It's possible to avoid the massive tempo loss from playing this card by replicating its effect with Tortollan Pilgrim. It will tutor for the card and summon a 5/5 body alongside. You can also reduce its cost with Naga Sand Witch to lessen the tempo loss.
- My colleagues are consumed with paltry, material things. Resources. Power. Food. Sleep. Distractions! Why waste precious time on such things when the vast riddle of the heavens is written above, waiting to be unraveled? And controlled!
- ::microbot POK-E query::
- Proof? Come closer, my little loose-screwed skeptic. Behold the tools of creation! An entire simulated galaxy: its energies tamed, its harmonies harnessed, and small enough to slip into a pocket. Is THAT good enough for Boom’s little project?
- ::microbot POK-E query::
- No, you insolent instrument. It’s not finished. There are still some irritating dimensional quirks to be resolved. But . . . if Boom can divert some funding, recruit more interns, and send over a few of your metal friends to help round up the strange creatures that keep appearing in my laboratory, I’m sure we’ll finish in time for whatever it is he’s planning.
- Luna's Pocket Galaxy went through a large number of different iterations during development. One "crazy" version of the card featured the text "Open a portal, you can drag your spells into the portal to summon minions of the same cost", which would open a portal as an extra UI element on the player's screen for a single turn. However, according to Peter Whalen, "We had a lot of crazy stuff going on in the set. We didn't need to spend all of our UI resources on this card". Another iteration, closer to the final release version, was an 8-mana spell known as "Nally's Uber Portal", which set the Cost of minions in the player's deck to 0 rather than 1. However, the 0-mana version could be "very, very dangerous" due to combos like using Book of Specters and dropping three powerful minions all at the same time on the following turn. The change to 1 mana barely affected the flavor of the card at all but had a significant impact on how the card is used.
- Patch 220.127.116.11662 (2021-03-25): Arcane spell school added.
- Patch 18.104.22.168402 (2019-08-26): Now costs 7 mana. (Up from 5).
- Patch 22.214.171.124268 (2019-06-03): Now costs 5 mana. (Down from 7).
- Patch 126.96.36.199770 (2018-08-02): Added.
- Daxxarri (2018-07-16). The Boomsday Project: Lab Logs Part 1. Retrieved on 2018-07-16.
- Cam Shea (2018-09-27). Hearthstone: Team 5 on Designing The Boomsday Project's Legendaries. IGN. Retrieved on 2018-10-02.