|Voice actor:||Jim Cummings|
Lorewalker Cho archives and shares tales from the land of Pandaria, but his favorite story is the one where Joey and Phoebe go on a road trip.
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Regular Lorewalker Cho could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Legend in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (10/10) achievement).
- All spells will be copied, including Secrets. Secrets will be copied when they are played, and not when they are triggered.
Play Lorewalker Cho to prevent your enemy from using spells against you, or just give them a taste of their own medicine. Most effective against spell-heavy decks.
As a fairly vulnerable minion, ideally keep Cho well-defended to prevent your opponent from swiftly destroying him.
Players playing against Cho may wish to use minions to defeat him, before then casting any planned spells. If doing so is not possible immediately, it may still be better to delay casting spells until he is defeated. Alternatively, use a single spell such as to quickly dispatch him, and suffer the consequence of supplying that single card to your enemy.
You could also play Cho right after playing which will result in your opponent's spells costing 0 mana as normal, but if the opponent plays any of the free spells, it will result in you getting them as well. Note that the 0-mana effect will not be copied for you, though.
Another potential use of Cho would be against a deck that relies on Secrets. When your opponent plays a Secret, you will receive a copy of it and will therefore know which Secret the opponent played, making it much easier to play around.
While not the strongest card in regular play due to his hampering effect, Lorewalker Cho is a key card for use in technical and experimental play, allowing players to quickly generate endless copies of specific cards. Cho is commonly used by players when attempting to achieve outlandish effects, such as the repeated use of to create minions with more than 2 billion Health.
If multiple Cho minions are on the board, each Cho will generate one copy of every spell cast. These extra copies can result in both players having their hands filled with spells and unable to draw new cards.
- ▶️<death sound>
- Show me what you've learned.
- Good, good!
- The card's flavor text is referring to the tv show Friends.
Lorewalker Cho is the leader of the Lorewalkers, a faction of pandaren dedicated to the exploration of the world and its history. Cho encountered Alliance and Horde adventurers soon after their arrival on Pandaria, and has since been involved in a number of critical events that would go on to influence the future of Azeroth. Cho can also be found at the Seat of Knowledge in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, where he receives archeological artifacts from adventurers, and recounts stories from Pandaria's long history.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 184.108.40.20634 (2014-12-04): Soundbites changed. Summon changed from "Show me what you've learned." to "Jade Serpent guide you." Attack changed from "Good, good!" to "Hmm?"
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Now has 0 Attack (Down from 1).
- Patch 18.104.22.16888 (2013-06-22): Now costs 2 mana (Up from 1). Now has 4 Health (Up from 3).
- Previously: Whenever a player casts a spell, put a copy into the other player's hand. [1 mana, 1 Attack, 3 Health, Legendary]
- Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Text changed from "If you end your turn without playing a card, draw a card." to "Whenever a player casts a spell, put a copy into the other player’s hand."