|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Wiki tags:||Class-related, Random, Spell-generating, Spell-related, Triggered effect|
Rexxar narrowed his eyes, grabbed his machine gun, and said: "It's go time. Lock and load."
This card pays homage to that special moment.
How to get
|Lock and Load||400||100|
|Golden Lock and Load||1600||400|
Two copies of regular Lock and Load (Core) are obtained for raising hunter to level 9.
Two copies of golden Lock and Load (Core) are obtained for winning 250 games as hunter.
- For a list of Hunter spells, see Hunter#Spell.
- Lock and Load does not trigger itself; the effect does not come into force until after the Lock and Load has itself been cast. However, any subsequent spells cast that turn will activate the effect, generating a random Hunter card.
- Like all spell-related effects, Lock and Load's effect activates before the triggering spell takes effect. For example, if you play Lock and Load followed by Quick Shot, Lock and Load will generate a card before Quick Shot deals its damage; thus making it impossible to activate Quick Shot's secondary effect.
- Lock and Load's effect will stack if multiple copies are played in the same turn. For example, by playing Lock and Load followed by Lock and Load, any other spell cast that turn will generate 2 random hunter cards. Also, Lock and Load is itself a spell, meaning that playing a second Lock and Load will trigger the first Lock and Load's effect, generating a card.
- Lock and Load will no longer be offered for selection in Arena, since the 15th of September 2016. However, it is still obtainable in Arena matches through random effects, such as Spellslinger.
Lock and Load is a strong card generating deck for spell-focused Hunter decks. Using it in with combination of cheap spells like Arcane Shot, Rapid Fire, and various Secrets will help it make it worth its cost. It helps empower Zul'jin's Battlecry, adding more spells to be cast beyond what you've included in your deck.
There are 107 achievements related to Lock and Load.
|Gameplay - Core - Classes||Loaded for Bear||Play 30 spells with Lock and Load.||10|
|Gameplay - Core - Classes||Loaded for Bear||Play 100 spells with Lock and Load.||20|
The following text describes the World of Warcraft spell Lock and Load as it existed prior to the creation of the Hearthstone card. For the latest version, see Lock and Load.
- Lock and Load is a passive specialization ability for Survival hunters, available at level 43. When it activates, it allows the hunter's next two Explosive Shot to be fired with no cooldown (though it still invokes the global cooldown), and no focus cost.
- Patch 220.127.116.11662 (2021-03-25): Now costs 1 mana, down from 2.
- Patch 18.104.22.16886 (2015-08-18): Added.
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-07-22).
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-07-23).
- Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. (2016-09-08).