It isn't clear if people ignore the Lightwell, or if it is just invisible.
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Regular Lightwell could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
- This minion's triggered effect can target any damaged friendly character (including itself and the controlling hero).
Without the ability to attack, Lightwell is very underwhelming on its own. In most cases, Lightwell is only a more expensive and less flexible Radiance, only mitigating 5 damage to the friendly hero. If it is clear that synergy with Lightwell does not exist in cases where it is randomly generated, it is often acceptable to completely ignore it. Even when Lightwell does remain on board over the course of multiple turns, it is still hopelessly outclassed by cards like Flash Heal, Divine Hymn, and Earthen Ring Farseer.
This card has its origins in a priest spell from World of Warcraft. A lightwell is a summonable object which automatically heals injured targets. This card's flavor text refers to the original design of the lightwell, which required players to actively click on the well in order to receive healing. Players largely failed to do so, often to the frustration of the casting priest, whether because of ignorance of the well's functionality, or a lack of willingness to participate in their own healing. Eventually the lightwell was redesigned to automatically dispense heals, avoiding this problem.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Through the Dark Portal" series, for the card Lightwell.
- Lightwell was removed for selection in Arena on September 15, 2016 but was reinstated on December 9, 2018.
- Dean Ayala (2016-09-08). Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2018-12-19). Arena Updates – December 19 2018. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.