Spawn of the Light? Or Pawn of the Lights?
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
Two copies of golden Lightspawn (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as priest.
- Lightspawn's Attack is always equal to its Health. Immediately after losing or gaining Health, the Lightspawn's Attack will be changed to match its Health.
- This means that the Lightspawn's Attack cannot be increased directly, such as through 's Battlecry, and . Such effects can still be applied to the Lightspawn, but will have no effect. However, any effect that alters its Health will alter its Attack accordingly.
- Lightspawn is implemented as a very late priority aura. Because of its priority, regardless of order of play, will not give Lightspawn extra attack.
Cards that increase maximum health are great for this card. Priests have a number of options such as and which can quickly increase Lightspawn's Attack to gargantuan levels. In ideal circumstances, casting a Power Word: Shield followed by 2 x Divine Spirit will transform the Lightspawn's initial 5/5 into a ridiculous 28/28 within a single turn. If your opponent has no Taunts on the field, this can single-handedly win the game.
Conversely, be aware that any damage taken will reduce the Lightspawn's Attack. Because of this, Lightspawn is probably most effective when attacking Heroes and targets with low Attack. Heal it regularly to maintain its power.
One little Silence renders this minion a harmless bystander, so you may want to avoid buffing it until the turn after it is summoned.
- ▶️<summon sound>
- ▶️<attack sound>
- ▶️<death sound>
- "I am Light incarnate!" - Sol
Original to Hearthstone, the Lightspawn was added to World of Warcraft with Legion. The priest champion Sol appears to be a named Lightspawn, and a generic "Lightspawn" mob serves as its stand-in when viewed by other players. Lightspawns can also be summoned by Vial of Pure Light.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Holy Guardian.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 18.104.22.168662 (2021-03-25): Now costs 3 mana (Down from 4). Now has 4 Health (Down from 5).
- Patch 22.214.171.12436 (2017-04-04): Is now a Elemental (previously: no minion type).
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2013-10-02): Now has 5 Health (Up from 4).
- Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Wording changed to "This minion's Attack is always equal to its Health."
- Patch 188.8.131.5288 (2013-06-22): Added, replacing . This minion's Attack is equal to its Health. [4 mana, 0 attack, 4 health, Common]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmfa9NFThsM&t=7m25s Tested in Patch 184.108.40.20686 (TGT patch)