|Abilities:||Deal damage, Overload|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Random|
Deal 2-3 damage to all enemy minions. Overload: (2)
An umbrella won't be effective, I'm afraid.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
Lightning Storm can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Lightning Storm can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season.
|Golden Lightning Storm||800||100|
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of regular Lightning Storm (Core) are obtained for raising shaman to level ?.
Two copies of golden Lightning Storm (Core) are obtained for winning 100 games as shaman.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The damage dealt by Lightning Storm is calculated individually for each minion (so one minion may take 2 damage and another may take 3 damage).
- Although still figuring out the set of minions it will damage before beginning to damage anything, Lightning Storm (unlike most area of effect damaging effect) resolves each Damage Event (queuing and resolving triggers) as soon as it is created in play order, before moving to damage the next minion.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Lightning Storm is a cheap, but somewhat random board clear for shamans. Keep in mind that the Overload will kick in next turn; miscalculating the next turn can be a huge mistake after yielding an unlucky 2 damage, instead of the hoped-for 3.
Spell Damage bonuses from minions are especially potent with Lightning Storm, with even +1 giving it the potential of a Flamestrike. In a pinch you can even use Totemic Call and hope for a Wrath of Air Totem.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Ben Brode, Lightning Storm once dealt 1-10 damage, and cost "a lot more mana".
- This spell's animation is different when you have Spell Damage.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Tomb of the Forgotten" series, for the card Call of Lightning.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.206662 (2021-03-25): Moved from the Classic set into the Legacy set. Is now a Nature spell. Now always deals 3 damage instead of 2-3.
- Patch 220.127.116.1140 (April or May 2013): Mana cost reduced to 3, down from 4.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-08-06).
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).