|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Wiki tags:||Area of effect, Attack-related|
This is what happens when you allow goblins to be priests.
- For the event version of this card, see Lightbomb (Event).
How to get
- Lightbomb deals its damage to all minions, both the player's and the opponent's: the damage dealt by Lightbomb is calculated individually for each minion, depending on the Attack value of that minion.
- This spell's damage is increased by bonuses from Spell Damage and Prophet Velen. For example, with Spell Damage +1 Lightbomb will deal 1 damage to 0-Attack minions.
- Although still figuring out the set of minions it will damage before beginning to damage anything, Lightbomb (unlike most area of effect damaging effect) resolves each Damage Event (queuing and resolving triggers) as soon as it is created in play order, before moving to damage the next minion.
- For example, a Frothing Berserker will activate as other minions are damaged by Lightbomb and may grow large enough in Attack to subsequently get killed by Lightbomb. This is unintended as all damage should be dealt before any damage triggers are activated. In fact, as of Patch 22.214.171.12474 (WotOG patch), an unbuffed Frothing Berserker will take 3 damage if any minions were damaged before it (regardless of how many), and a buffed Frothing Berserker will not take any extra damage if any minions were damaged before it.
This card hits the player's own minions as well as those of the opponent, although it is worth bearing in mind the Priest's ability to consistently buff and restore Health. As a result of this, careful management of minion Health can result in this card not impacting the Priest's minions very much. However, enemy Priests can play using this card in mind, and may manage their own minions Health more carefully as a result.
Unless Prophet Velen is in play, it is unlikely that this card will always clear a board. However, as this card hits in the middle of the game, it is likely that trading will have occurred (Unless the other player is exceptionally aggressive), and will clear at least one minion. Similarly, this card hits many later game threats instantly, such as Molten Giant, Mountain Giant, and Dr. Boom, and can (very optionally), be used to trigger card Deathrattles, such as Sylvanas Windrunner in order to take an enemy minion that would survive the Lightbomb.
- This card is a counterpart to the Warlock spell Darkbomb.
- Lightbomb is one of Anduin's Heroic abilities in Heroes of the Storm.